Hello Guest

SWIFT GT ENGINE SWAP

• 22 Replies

Offline andyt87

• I LPVE ZUKI WORLD!
Re: SWIFT GT ENGINE SWAP
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2007, 11:41:55 AM »
chet do you know anyone who as done the swap? you say the mounts dont match up... but some people do. I'm not saying your wrong. but some people have said that the mounts are the same :-S

has anyone here actually done this swap for themselves?

yeah... i couldn't find any info on teamswift's site :-S they all seemed to be doing up the swift car....

cheers for the replies... :-)

Andy
1988 SJ 413
1986 SJ 410
1992 Samurai Sport
1989 Santana 410

Offline droppedtracker

• its a tracker thing, you wouldnt understand!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2007, 12:20:46 PM »
for swift GT info see www.teamswift.net

theyre not that friendly though

did you try the search button before asking something they have probably been asked 1000 times before

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 09:37:12 AM »
chet do you know anyone who as done the swap? you say the mounts dont match up... but some people do. I'm not saying your wrong. but some people have said that the mounts are the same :-S

has anyone here actually done this swap for themselves?

yeah... i couldn't find any info on teamswift's site :-S they all seemed to be doing up the swift car....

cheers for the replies... :-)

Andy

In our swift GT circle track racer, we took out the GT engine and put in a Samurai block then later a Sidekick 1.6 8-valve block. All of the bracketry between the two 1.3 engines interchanges. Very slight modifications were needed to fit the 1.6 (similar to Samurai 1.6 swaps)

http://www.zukiworld.com/month_080102/feature_4bswift.htm

http://www.zukiworld.com/month_070101/feature_superswift.htm

Hope that helps. -Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline andyt87

• I LPVE ZUKI WORLD!
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 10:46:59 AM »
ah thats awsome! hadn't seen that page...

yeah, i know that when we put the 8v 1.6 in the engine mounts were ever so slightly out... so a mate just welded them in place... bit gash.. but it weren't going no where!! lol

well.. i think i should just buy a swift then... want to get the engine side of things sorted before i lift her properly... cos i know i'd never get around to it at a later date!

cheers for all the info guys... great help as usual

Andy
1988 SJ 413
1986 SJ 410
1992 Samurai Sport
1989 Santana 410

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 12:25:08 PM »
ah thats awsome! hadn't seen that page...

Cool, I'm glad I could help. For what it's worth, there is a lot of information in the editorial articles contained in the Archive section of this site. A lot of "ground" has been covered that may help out.

http://www.zukiworld.com/main_departments_archive.htm

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Bigzook

• Current owner of the famous Audi Kick
    • Donkey Worx Galleries
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 04:49:42 PM »
Holy old post batman. I did not even remember that reply I made on page 1. :o

Offline prairie_dog

• 85/413 tin top
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007, 08:53:50 PM »
 No kidding, old post

I did the 1.6 efi swap last year ( works really good ) anyways I talked to a guy yesterday that has the GTI swap in a lwb sami with 33's and gears, he said he uses his clutch like a fuse.  He rev's so high for power when mudding he freqently smokes the clutch. Said he can change a clutch on the trail blind folded

don't know about anyone else but I don't keep a spare clutch as part of my trail escentails??

Steve. :)
When this thing hits 88 MPH your gonna see some serious sh!t (hahaha)

Offline andyt87

• I LPVE ZUKI WORLD!
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2007, 10:35:40 AM »
yeah... i'd wondered about using up my clutch... and you say he had 33s?... jeeze... i got a set of 35s waiting to go onto a lwb... so i can see clutches going out the window real quick...

you mention he had "gears"... i'm guessing he had lowered gears? do you know how much lower? i was gonna just go with a 410 transfer box to start with... see how it went like that...

so maybe i'd be better to just stick with the 8v 1.6? which isn't to much hastle anyway...

Andy
1988 SJ 413
1986 SJ 410
1992 Samurai Sport
1989 Santana 410