Hello Guest

Rip off tops on e-bay...

• 13 Replies

Offline hobgoblin

Rip off tops on e-bay...
« on: February 18, 2006, 01:45:33 AM »
Hello All,

I bought a top off E-bay,They said it was a steelhorse..It's a piece of crap. The plastic corner done broke.A lady e-mailed me about her top,She said it blew apart on the freeway!!!The e-bay user name is "Santamonica-deals"so beware of these tops..They are in abox that says made in china...Sould have know better for $75 plus shipping I guess thats what I get.Now I got no top....I like topless but it's cold here in WV now!!!what makes it even better is that I got my two boys 2 and 4 yrs old and my other truck is 20miles away!!

Just thought I'd Tell everybody,

Tom K.

Offline hobgoblin

Re: Rip off tops on e-bay...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 04:51:15 AM »
Great,

Now it's snowing.....This stinks

Tom K

Offline Quaddawg

• Flex and Ground Clearance is HIGHLY overrated!!
    • My Ebay Store
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 08:26:03 AM »
Man, that stinks... I have a Pavement Ends top, I got off Ebay, and it's chinese.. but it is really a damn nice top...  Sorry to hear your bad experience, will the Ebay seller stand behind it???
1996 Tracker Daily Driver, "The Flea"

Clicke HERE for Specs and Pics[/url]

Offline takai

• Yes, I drove that here. And No, it's not done!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 09:06:19 AM »
Sorry to hear it. I can remeber running my old K5 topless in the winter and snow, it was no fun. I feel for you. Best of luck.
87 Sammi "Sir Tweak " Rockcrawler 4:1, Mighty Kong , 1.6 16V, Centerforce II, 2" Exhaust, Esteem seats. - Long gone
97 Tracker "Jezebel"  Bone Stock DD

'Cause, I am to misbehave.

Offline hobgoblin

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 05:27:57 PM »
All I can say is duck tape!!!!!

mudfkr

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 07:49:53 PM »
I have a replacement top on My '96 Sammy here in New Zealand thats good quality one and after check it's origin it's from the good old USA  ;D

It's a Robbins Auto top Check them out Hobgoblin http://www.robbinsautotopco.com/homepage.html I don't know how much they are worth as the previous owner had put it on just before I brought it but I can vouch for there quality.

Cheers Mudfkr

Offline Dihnekis

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 08:45:37 PM »
All I can say is duck tape!!!!!

That is what is holding my sammy top together right now.

Oh and I hate to advertise my auction on here, but right now I'm selling a bestop in good condition on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8039924574&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

this is the second time I have listed it, so $75 probably gets it.
1988 Suzuki Samurai

31" BFGs, SPOA, 5.14 Calmini Tcase gears, DOM cage, rock sliders, spidertrax wheels

1.6L, header, and 2" flowmaster exhaust coming soon

Offline hobgoblin

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 09:06:31 PM »
Dihnekis,

Thanks for the offer but its white..I need a black top...Or should say I want a black top.

Later Tom K

Offline tOnKa TrAcKeR

• support our troops
    • Cardomain site
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006, 01:33:12 PM »
Hobgoblin,
this is way off topic but your Avitar says "Jeeps are for Cheerleaders" all I can Think of now is in that movie "Bring It On" the male Chearleader Drives a blue Geo Tracker. I guess he didnt get the memo  :-\

Stand down, MSG Arthur L. Lilley, your mission is now complete, may you rest in eternal peace.

Offline hobgoblin

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 12:16:07 AM »
Hobgoblin,
this is way off topic but your Avitar says "Jeeps are for Cheerleaders" all I can Think of now is in that movie "Bring It On" the male Chearleader Drives a blue Geo Tracker. I guess he didnt get the memo  :-\

Wanted to see how long it took for someone to notice...LOL...My buddy has a purple jeep and that's what I told him,after I went threw the hole he got stuck in... ;D

Offline keith

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 05:53:05 AM »
Man, that stinks... I have a Pavement Ends top, I got off Ebay, and it's chinese.. but it is really a damn nice top...  Sorry to hear your bad experience, will the Ebay seller stand behind it???

I've also got a Pavement ends top.  Although the material is thinner than the original top I have no real complaints with the top.  It works quite well.  Of course I'd rather have my summer safari top on instead.  That will have to wait until May or June though.

Offline Quaddawg

• Flex and Ground Clearance is HIGHLY overrated!!
    • My Ebay Store
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 10:21:04 AM »

I've also got a Pavement ends top.  Although the material is thinner than the original top I have no real complaints with the top.  It works quite well.  Of course I'd rather have my summer safari top on instead.  That will have to wait until May or June though.

Exactly, and for the $82 I paid for it, shipped... I figured it was a no-brainer... 

That's funny, we have the same paint job, AND the same top.. does your get wet spots when it rains?  I think I am going to wait for mine to dry out real well, and scotchgard weatherproof (like the Tent stuff) the whole top, and double treat the seams...
1996 Tracker Daily Driver, "The Flea"

Clicke HERE for Specs and Pics[/url]

Offline keith

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2006, 10:26:20 AM »
That's funny, we have the same paint job, AND the same top.. does your get wet spots when it rains?  I think I am going to wait for mine to dry out real well, and scotchgard weatherproof (like the Tent stuff) the whole top, and double treat the seams...

Mine doesn't leak anywhere,  but it does let a good amount of breeze in over the door bars when going fast.  Get's a bit chilly at times.  Thankfully the Tracker has a great heater.

Offline trackertre

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2006, 04:45:02 PM »
Thanx for letting us know about the top! Now i know not to buy one