Hello Guest

New front skidplate is being offered!

• 45 Replies

Offline track_this

• Live for something or die for nothing
Re: New front skidplate is being offered!
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2006, 01:22:22 AM »
oh ok... well you could drill them out to whatever size bolt you would use, but then its just too much work :P
1994 geo tracker 1.6L 16v 4x4 2dr soft top 5.12 gears.MODS:
calmini 3 inch sus. lift
rear lockright
31" kumho m/t's
RRO 2" body lift custom snorkel front & rear trail tough bumpers-Tabor 9k winch(warn) 100amp alt. grand vitara steel 3rd member

Offline aftermarket4x4

• ZUKIWORLD
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2006, 06:25:04 AM »
On a side note.
Would it fit around having the Calmini Steering stabilizer?
That part also adds strength to the front of the skid plate and A-arms.
I like having that stabilizer and crossbrace.
One more Lil thing. If you have the Calmini lift and front axle drop.
Would it fit around the lowered diff?

To answer your question, a customer with a Calmini 3" suspension and a body lift purchased a new skid for his 2-door Tracker on Saturday.

It fits on around the truss/stabilizer and around the lowered differential and easily clears the large tubular A-Arms.

The little tab that hangs down off the bottom of the aluminum housing was ground off (took about 10 seconds) and the two rearmost mounting holes were notched out a little farther back in the rear of the skid and she bolted right on.

The skid plate does touch the truss and the diff, but she fits right on with very minor mods.

He opted for button head screws in the rear and said he'd drill them out if the heads get ground off.

The skid will also fit right on vehicles with the Calmini 2" suspension lift and I believe it will also work with every other lift kit on the market for the Track/Kick.

Hope this answers all your questions.

Sean DeVinney
aftermarket4x4|removethispart|@cox.net

Offline tOnKa TrAcKeR

• support our troops
    • Cardomain site
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2006, 06:55:24 AM »
thinkin i might have to buy this one and install it when i get my shrockwoks bumper (ordered the bumper last week WOO-Hoo) it wont fit my truck untill i remove the prerunner bar.  Shipping should be REAL cheap seeing as i am in Chesapeake every single day ;D ;D ;D

Stand down, MSG Arthur L. Lilley, your mission is now complete, may you rest in eternal peace.

Offline 1bigtracker

• F*** trail rated, try trail tested
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2006, 03:50:42 PM »

The skid will also fit right on vehicles with the Calmini 2" suspension lift and I believe it will also work with every other lift kit on the market for the Track/Kick.

watch out for that pro comp kit ;)  still a few around

Stu

Offline Quaddawg

• Flex and Ground Clearance is HIGHLY overrated!!
    • My Ebay Store
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2006, 06:52:21 AM »
I thrashed on mine this past weekend...  all I could do was scratch the paint.. nary a nick in the skid plate!

The mounting bolts didn't take much damage either.. but I can see where they could.. I am going to go ahead and weld tiny skids to mine, I think... it has to come off for the gear to go in.. so I will think about doing it then.. Just the smallest of skids will keep the bolts in fine shape.....

One thing I noticed when hosing off the mud.. I got a LOT less dirt/mud/crud up in my front end running this skid.   In spots that usually get CAKED with sandy clay, there was none, due to the exceptional coverage of this plate..

Once again, this is the NICEST front skid I have seen yet.  Highly Recommended!
1996 Tracker Daily Driver, "The Flea"

Clicke HERE for Specs and Pics[/url]

Offline aftermarket4x4

• ZUKIWORLD
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2006, 07:03:19 AM »
I thrashed on mine this past weekend...  all I could do was scratch the paint.. nary a nick in the skid plate!

The mounting bolts didn't take much damage either.. but I can see where they could.. I am going to go ahead and weld tiny skids to mine, I think... it has to come off for the gear to go in.. so I will think about doing it then.. Just the smallest of skids will keep the bolts in fine shape.....

One thing I noticed when hosing off the mud.. I got a LOT less dirt/mud/crud up in my front end running this skid.   In spots that usually get CAKED with sandy clay, there was none, due to the exceptional coverage of this plate..

Once again, this is the NICEST front skid I have seen yet.  Highly Recommended!

Thanks for the compliment! 8)  I worked hard to produce a versitile and indestructable product.

2 door Track/Kick/X-90 Gas Tank Skids are done!!!!

...and the first prototype is finished for the 4-door Gas Tank Skids.

Just E-mail me if you have any questions or comments.

Sean DeVinney
AFTERMARKET4X4|removethispart|@cox.net

Offline fullsink18

• Wheel Me!
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2006, 07:26:24 AM »
Definatly interested in the gas tank skid.  How much?
94 2dr kick 8v
-     Full set of Calmini's skid plates, calmini header and full exhaust, k&n filter, sky idler arm, calmini idler arm brace and truss with stabalizer, lock-rite rear locker, Calmini 3"  BL, 2" Digger Spacers, Shrockworks bumper, chicago electric 8,000lb winch, 31" Grabber AT2, 15x7 2

Offline suzukiboyoz

• Friends don't let friends ride a Yamaha
    • http://community.webshots.com/
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2006, 02:41:56 PM »
Any pics of the Gas Tank Skid.
Calmini 3" Suspension Lift, Calmini Skid Plates, Calmini Rockhoppers, 30" Mud TYres, ARB Bullbar, Rear ARB Locker, Custom Sill Sliders, Rear Bumper and a lot more.

Offline crikeymike

• Local to Western Washington?? Visit WAZUKS.com
    • http://www.wazuks.com
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2006, 04:50:50 PM »
Has anyone successfully beat their skid up yet?  I've had one on mine for a few months, but it hasn't seen dirt (or rocks) yet. 
1993 4-door Sidekick
3" hybrid Calmini/OME lift, 2" B/L, Rear air locker
Shrockworks bar & sliders, Full skid plates
4.24:1 t-case
 WAZUKS member - visit http://www.wazuks.com

Offline blacktrack99

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2006, 06:11:20 PM »
Still not enough interest in skids for the '99+ Tracker/Vitara?

Offline tOnKa TrAcKeR

• support our troops
    • Cardomain site
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2006, 07:05:08 PM »
heres the pics of my skid plate

there is also a thread showing all the pics in this forum
http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=12738.0
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 08:11:00 PM by gmj2fast »

Stand down, MSG Arthur L. Lilley, your mission is now complete, may you rest in eternal peace.

Offline aftermarket4x4

• ZUKIWORLD
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2006, 08:03:11 PM »

I have had only two persons contact me regarding the front skids and one regarding gas tank skids. That's just not enough interest at this time.....I need at least 5 - 10 orders to get enough produced to make them affordable.  Believe me, I want to make them for the later model Tracker/Vitara/Grand Vitara/XL7.

Sean

Offline Jeff@TireBalls

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2007, 05:09:16 AM »

I have had only two persons contact me regarding the front skids and one regarding gas tank skids. That's just not enough interest at this time.....I need at least 5 - 10 orders to get enough produced to make them affordable.  Believe me, I want to make them for the later model Tracker/Vitara/Grand Vitara/XL7.

Sean

Have you got enough interest in the GV skids yet? I would be willing to bet that if you start a thread on here stating that you will build these if you get 10 people to commit, you will have 10 people in less than 2 days!
2000 Grand Vitara Limited, 2" lift, 225/75-16 BFG KO's, 5.12 gears, Safari snorkel, roof rack.
1987 Samurai LWB, VW 1.9 Turbo Diesel.

Offline aftermarket4x4

• ZUKIWORLD
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2007, 05:09:03 AM »

Sean

Have you got enough interest in the GV skids yet? I would be willing to bet that if you start a thread on here stating that you will build these if you get 10 people to commit, you will have 10 people in less than 2 days!

How about those 1999 on up Vitara, GV, Tracker Skid Plates.....anyone ready for some of them yet???

Sean (Ready to make them..........) DeVinney

Offline bzzr2

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2007, 12:38:53 PM »
about the mounting bolts, my factory zr2 skid bolts get f'ed also, just happens....

i would be very interested in a gas tank skid for my 03 2dr - my factory gas tank skid looks like it's pretty messed up and is not very strong, to be honest i'm surprised i have not had a problem with the tank yet.

if there's something available i'm in on that - with a tank lift not being an option on these rigs a good skid is a must.
03-ZR2, 2dr, 31x10.5 SSR's & stuff...--sold :-(
03 xl7, jeff's 2inch spacer lift, 225/75/16's; sold
09 taco reg cab short box 4x4