Hello Guest

A couple of questions for a newbie.

• 5 Replies

Offline zoomzoom

• Long Live the ZUKI!!!
A couple of questions for a newbie.
« on: February 02, 2006, 11:49:20 PM »
I just picked up 2 sidekicks and wanted to know which one is better out of a 92 and 98 (My buddy is taking the one i dont keep). they are both manuals. The newer one has slop in the shifter. it pivots smooth but doesnt move any of the levers in the tranny. is this just a shift pin? and can you direct me to a place place to find more about changing it. thanks a ton guys, i cant wait to make her trail worthy.  ;D
91 Kick-2" suspension-Custom ford wheels(cut out)-4.24 transfer case-31's-homemade rear bumper-Home fixed ECM-

Offline ack

• Professional askhole
    • Ack's FAQ
Re: A couple of questions for a newbie.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 05:51:30 AM »
Well, it depends on what you want to do...

Daily Driver?  Offroading?

Also, are they 2-doors or 4-doors? eight valve or 16 valve (the '92)

The 98 would be my choice for a daily driver (too new to fab on or subject to an offroad beating) and the '92 would be a nice offroader/daily driver as it won't kill you if you break it on the trail.  Either can be modded for the trials and the '98, I believe, has a bigger engine (?) I think there is a page here at Zukiworld that has the specs for the various years of Tracker...

my 2 cents...
Ack

'88 Samurai, '88.5 Samurai TT, '11 Ford Transit Connect XLT
Ack's FAQ  http://www.acksfaq.com

Offline Uncivilized

• Car Domain
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 09:20:01 AM »
I'd take the newer one, if they're 2dr it has the 16 valve engine with more power. and just because it's just newer, I hate working/wrenching on my OLD 92, rusty dirty and greasy, my next one I'm shopping for is going to be at least a 96....with air...............

Offline zoomzoom

• Long Live the ZUKI!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 10:10:57 AM »
i think thats what ill do, they are both 2 doors and the 92 has an alluminum front end. kind of weird. Also the 98 has air  ;D. what about that tranny problem, i herd it was a sheer pin or something like that. thanks for the help!!!
91 Kick-2" suspension-Custom ford wheels(cut out)-4.24 transfer case-31's-homemade rear bumper-Home fixed ECM-

Offline Mythose

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 01:38:32 PM »
well if they are stock they both have aluminum front ends, if its aftermarket It might be somthing intresting - - are u sure its aluminum?
All things must start and end, the key is to not let them start and end in the same place.

Other rigs, 84 Sub 305 High output dana 44 front dana 60 rear turbo 350 tranny, 205 gear drive transfer, 10" lift 38.5 swampers

Offline Mythose

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 01:43:30 PM »
IE my kik which i thought was stock, i parked it next to a stock 89 and found out that mine is about 3 inches taller and the tires i thought were stock are actually 1 inch bigger --- i have been driveing it for almost a year thinking its just a stock trucklet,   dont take anything for granted you never know what has been modifyied on these little guys something as simple as someone replaceing an axel housing and grabbing one of the rare 5:62 out of a recking yard never knowing.
All things must start and end, the key is to not let them start and end in the same place.

Other rigs, 84 Sub 305 High output dana 44 front dana 60 rear turbo 350 tranny, 205 gear drive transfer, 10" lift 38.5 swampers