Hello Guest

stalling?

• 3 Replies

Offline blasterfan

• SHEAAAAA
stalling?
« on: January 28, 2006, 12:20:26 AM »
well i just turned 16 and bought my first samurai 8), its a 86 blue hard top in mint cond, no rust or cancer, cd player, everything else is stock ( the way it was in 85), its only got 102,000 km ( around 60,000 miles), it was all fadded and shit from sitting around for 8 years)

i polished it all up with some rubbing compund and it looks like new, but i got a lew little problems with her

it starts up just fine, but after it warms up it stalls, the rpms drop and just dies
but if you can keep to rpm up over 2000 its fine  ???

so far i have changed the oil, changed the air filter,  checked the plugs,  but it hasnt made any differance, so right now iam kinda thinking is somting to do with the carb, ( maybe needs a rebuild)

what do you guys think??
85 tin top: spoa, weber, thourly, mud kings, no rust, shackels bumpers

88.5 soft top: spoa, lift springs, shackels, 1.6L, hybrid real axle, yota drivshafts, 5:13 gears, bumpers, winch, rear rad, 5 points and buckets, ltbs, lockers, custom exhaust, some trail scars and alot of army green paint

Offline BigPig

Re: stalling?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 12:30:43 AM »
if you can keep to rpm up over 2000 its fine

Just keep it over 2000, that's where the fun starts anyway!  ;D

Seriously though, welcome aboard.

Don't forget to change the fuel filter even though that wouldn't cause your problem.  If it was sitting for that long you may want to drain the gas tank too.

'89 Sidekick w/ 4.5" of lift.

Offline blasterfan

• SHEAAAAA
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 12:44:30 AM »
LOL , ok, i would still kinda like it to rev lower than 2000, i am planning on putting a sring over lift, body lift and some 32 or so, and want to do some crawling with her

and yes i drained the gas, added fresh stuff, and the fuel filter was changed by the last owner a few dyas before he sold it to me 
85 tin top: spoa, weber, thourly, mud kings, no rust, shackels bumpers

88.5 soft top: spoa, lift springs, shackels, 1.6L, hybrid real axle, yota drivshafts, 5:13 gears, bumpers, winch, rear rad, 5 points and buckets, ltbs, lockers, custom exhaust, some trail scars and alot of army green paint

Offline wildgoody

• Turbocharged 150HP 1.6L 8V 93MPH 1/4 mile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 07:53:50 AM »
so right now iam kinda thinking is somting to do with the carb,
( maybe needs a rebuild)

yep I would start there, check the choke too, not sticking
closed, if it's open, then I would suspect junk in the idle
circuit of the carb, or hardened gas from sitting, small holes
and passageways get plugged easy, might go away over
time with the new gas, but not if it's dirt junk.

Wild
Real Trucks Are Built, Not Bought,
And Chrome Don't Get Ya Home.  

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.