Hello Guest

mini spool for Trackick?

• 7 Replies

Offline Quaddawg

• Flex and Ground Clearance is HIGHLY overrated!!
    • My Ebay Store
mini spool for Trackick?
« on: January 11, 2006, 09:28:42 AM »
OK, searched and searched, am I blind or is there NOT a mini spool available for the Trackick??
1996 Tracker Daily Driver, "The Flea"

Clicke HERE for Specs and Pics[/url]

Offline blacknight

• Gonzookin
Re: mini spool for Trackick?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 09:55:01 AM »
did you try minispool as one word? found alot that way ;D  And yes there are mini spools for the "older" trackers/sidekicks just not the 99 and up.  I think it was trail tough that had them but I could be wrong on that.
George

Offline Quaddawg

• My Ebay Store
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 02:36:54 PM »
Finding tons for Sammys, can't find a single one for a tracker..

I would really prefer to use a mini, instead of welding, so I can change it to a locker if I can't stand it...

PLEASE  someone hit me with a link.

Offline the_maplebar

2002 4DR Tracker V6 ZR2.... 1.5"/2" coil spacers front/rear, BDS Strut Extensions, 235/75R15 Cooper STT... They ROCK!!!
http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=35.msg111575#msg111575[/url]

Offline Quaddawg

• My Ebay Store
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 03:15:25 PM »
Oh... that's weird...  wonder why Richmond wouldn't know that? I called them, and they told me I was out of luck!!

Will ANY Sammy locker fit the Trackick  10 bolt 26 spline rear end?

Offline Quaddawg

• My Ebay Store
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 03:30:51 PM »
OK, I ordered one...

NOW, I have read the tutorial for the Sammy, everyone says they are almost the same as the Sidekick/Tracker... what is different?

Anything in particular to look for, do, shortcut?

It's just the brake lines, and the four inside bolts holding the axle/hub/brake/wheel assembly right... remove the four inside on each wheel, pull each axle out till they disengage from 3rd member...  Remove four flange bolts for driveshaft..., 10 bolts for 3rd member... right?

How about from there, any major differences?  The tutorial looks good, but I am thinking I can get by with less dissassembly , drop the ring gear, pull the pins, and right back in with the spool?  Am I right or wrong...

Offline BigPig

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 04:41:08 PM »
Quaddawg, did you order a Lockrite?  I am not sure if that is what you guys mean by "minispool".  I'm getting ready to swap one from a donor rig into my '89 Kick.  Maybe I can get a copy of your instructions after you do it (if you got a Lockrite)?

'89 Sidekick w/ 4.5" of lift.

Offline Quaddawg

• My Ebay Store
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 05:32:49 PM »
No, I got a mini spool.. in other words, I am replacing my spider gears with a "solid"  spool in the carrier, just like welding, but reversible in case I want to go to a locker or Drool... an ARB in the future.. welding would have worked.

I would be happy to write it up though, as most of what you will need to know will be the same, the LockRite is a bit different, more parts, etc... but the removal of the 3rd member and any tricks, tips I find might be helpful.

I have written quite a few tutorials in the Polaris ATV forums...  I can do so newbie stuff here too, since I am a newbie on Zuk's, this might prove helpful.. will try to get pics and such too.

I hear the lockrites come with good instructions, so maybe they would send you a set? Since you didn't buy the lockrite new, I am guessing the instructions didn't come with the donor rig.. lol...

ANYWAY, I am sure a helpful member here will scan the Lockrite instructions..   To be honest, as you take it out of the donor, I am sure you will see how it fits into your current rig.

Email me at Quaddawg50|removethispart|@fuse.net, so I will have your Email address for the write up when I am done.. The parts wont be here till next week though... I don't have a garage to work in, so it's up to the weather if I will be doing it next week or not... I swear I am tempted to just pull it and weld it tomorrow and stick it back in... LOL... but I am gonna use the mini-spool...