Hello Guest

Help I killed my Sidekick!

• 37 Replies

Offline Veritas

• I hate it when ditches drive on the highway!
Re: Help I killed my Sidekick!
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2005, 11:36:48 AM »
Zag,

Ya lucky me lol. Well I did enjoy the fact that had a more unique vehicle, but that's not exactly a bonus now.

Do you have any estimation on cost for turning it into a convertible?
And if I could get the vehicle up to you would that be a job you would be interested in working on at all?

And keep me posted on that dash fire one.

Thanks

Veritas

Offline zaggy

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2005, 11:48:56 AM »
Hey
     The convertible thing is something you should check into doing as a Do It Yerself, labor costs would kill the project...too much custom work, a lot of labor. I'm also not set up to do that kind of work, just parts.
     It's a shame to be caught in your bind, if George ever comes by like he promised I will put you 2 together and maybe you can make a deal....Example of the diff in Salvage prices...

- His is a 98 with a dash and engine bay fire, from the outside you couldn't tell
- Repair est was over 7000.00, insurance wrote it off and he bought it for a project, easy fix.
- He paid over 1800.00 for the unit...remember easy fix.
- Two years later he still hasn't found parts...cause it's a Sport, different wiring & dash
- Has had 3 harnesses sent up from USA, all were 1.6/16v in spite f him specifying "SPORT"

His easy fix has turned into a 2 year project...still hasn't found the right parts, won't order in any more he's waiting to find it himself....he's in this one to make money, not this time.

Zag
92 Sidekick 4dr, Suzuki Powered Airplane

Offline prairie_dog

• 85/413 tin top
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2005, 03:07:23 PM »
 The convertable isn't a good idea, did it to an S-10 ( all steel removable top I built my self) over 100 hrs later I had a top that was ready for paint.

I'm in Red Deer for work every day, I could look at it for you. Been doing autobody since 1990 and have a few connections in town eg... frame shop, parts & paint booths.

Or I'd be interested if you want to sell it, bought the wife a KIA and still hearing about it ( no AC or 4x4) : ::) ::)

PM me, I'll give or get #'s
Steve
When this thing hits 88 MPH your gonna see some serious sh!t (hahaha)

Offline Suzuki1.8

• Tires so low looks like i'm riding on blades
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2005, 05:25:32 PM »
I think zag should buy it and try playing with the 1.8 and let me know how to increase the horsepower ;D OR put a supercharger on then let me know how you did it or sell me the parts. Just kidding but really that would make a great engine swap for someone wanting more power over there 1.6 l. 120 beats even a souped up 90 anyday. If you were closer i would buy the engine for my sandrail.  8)

Offline zaggy

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2005, 11:34:53 PM »
Oh yeah just what I need right now

Another project...I'm gonna finish what I got first...then

Hey did you check out the Camden super charger site...and why super....turbo is my favorite.

Zag
92 Sidekick 4dr, Suzuki Powered Airplane

Offline wildgoody

• Turbocharged 150HP 1.6L 8V 93MPH 1/4 mile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2005, 11:55:24 PM »
Yes, Turbo really costs nothing in HP
losses, other than back pressure in the
exhaust, where a SuperCharger has a
drag penalty, all the time, more in times
of boost, and less in times of idle, but it's
always there.

On the other hand, a Turbo requires lots
of cooling oil, like a liter per min or more,
and a SuperCharger can run on CCs per
hour and be fine, starve a Turbo at 140,000
RPM and see how long it's "fine"  for

Wild
Real Trucks Are Built, Not Bought,
And Chrome Don't Get Ya Home.  

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Offline LawDog

• Lakeview Motor Sports' Makin it Hert! Tell u whut!
    • Emerling Chevrolet
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2005, 11:51:10 AM »
You need a hammer, a welder, some lead, 10 gallons of body filler, and many cans of spray paint ;D ;D
"I'm the Law 'round here" said the Duckshirt.

Get a Zuk, Get it dirty, Git-R-Done!!

At Lakeview Motor Sports we specialize in rediculousness, hackdome, and wasting your time.

Offline Veritas

• I hate it when ditches drive on the highway!
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2005, 08:58:04 PM »
Well... I've been looking at my options, and I would prefer to fix up the vehicle if I could do it affordably.

I'm kinda interested in how it would all work out if I chopped off the top, put in a tubular rollcage and made a canvas soft top for it.

Has anybody else ever done this? Have any suggestions on doing it? Anyone had any problems with the authorities after major modding like such?

Lemme know, I'm ready to get creative!