Hello Guest

extend steering shaft?

• 18 Replies

Offline Mac

• Toys, Toys, Toys
    • 1985 Suzuki Samurai
Re: extend steering shaft?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2003, 04:51:08 AM »
Mine is the same as Wildgoody as well it is a 89 with P/S , I cut the ring around the bottom section and it pulled forward,(it is splined) I then welded it in place,

Offline ga_zuki

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2003, 01:06:22 PM »
I HAD A PIECE WELDED IN MINE TO EXTEND IT THE 2 AND A WHATEVER INCHES THAT CALMINI SUGGESTED ;D MATTY D...

when did calmini suggest this

i have their lift and was unhappy with it because they left  some stuff out but. in the instructions they did state to drill out the plastic pins and heat up the shaft to remove the glue
what they forgot to say was you had to knotch out for the t/case shifter and also for the tranny shifter

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2003, 06:19:54 AM »
Ga_Zuk, its in the fitting instructions that came with my kit, theres even a photo of one. I extended the shifters on mine so I didn't have to cut the floor
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• YOU WANNA RACE THE ZUKE !
    • OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2003, 03:13:40 PM »

when did calmini suggest this

i have their lift and was unhappy with it because they left  some stuff out but. in the instructions they did state to drill out the plastic pins and heat up the shaft to remove the glue
what they forgot to say was you had to knotch out for the t/case shifter and also for the tranny shifter
AS SAID ABOVE  THERE WAS A PIC. AND INSTRUCTIONS OF HOW TO DO IT INCLUDED IN MINE... ??? I ALSO EXTENDED BOTH LEVERS.......