Hello Guest

90 Track tranmission slop

• 2 Replies

Offline ADavis

• Aaron's Webpage
90 Track tranmission slop
« on: May 07, 2005, 02:49:24 AM »
Okay, I pulled my shifter off and the case to install my new t-case.  When I pulled my shifter out, the remember seeing a bushing like thing in the bottom that it slide into.  I tried to take it out with my finger but it was to large to fit outside the hole.  When I went to install my shifter, that little bushing wan't there, so I took everything apart and there was nothing.  I thought I might of been crazy and thought that maybe what I was seeing was the slider that the shifter fits into.  Well, now when I shift, it feels really slopy.  So I guess I'll get to my question now:  Is there a bushing that fits inside of the shift slider that tightens the fit or maybe it is just shifting that way becuase all the gunk is cleaned out.  I did look at both the Chilton Manual and the thick Dealer manual, and none of them show me a good diagram of the shifter box.  Thanks for the help all.

Aaron
Aaron

Offline Chief

• Whaddya lookin at??
Re: 90 Track tranmission slop
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 03:29:07 AM »
I think it's called the shiter pivot bushing. I called the dealer about it bacause I snapped mine in 2, and they didn't even have it on the exploded parts diagram! They guy had no idea WTF I was talking about. All junk yards I goto are split in 2 also. Even after reinstalling mine, it's still sloppy. I just deal with the sloppiness, I removed my bushing altogether.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 03:29:54 AM by Chief »
03 Tacoma, BBP sliders, TRD L/S, Modded intake,  Da Tow Bitch

94 Tracker. Cancer mod :p Otherwise stock

Offline ADavis

• Aaron's Webpage
Re: 90 Track tranmission slop
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 05:48:43 AM »
Thanks for the info ;D
Aaron