Hello Guest

ok guy,s

• 12 Replies

Offline rabidray

• hey what you want!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
ok guy,s
« on: October 29, 2003, 09:44:00 PM »
how strong are tracker driver side rear axels.....ive been told that they are weak.........

my problem is i need a new hybred axel houseing {crushed axel tube} my solution is cut pass side of a kick axel assy reweld the kick bearing retainer thing and run a zuk short side axel on the pass side and a stock kick axel on the driver side.....ya ya i know it will be about an inch and 3/4 short......but i think that can be worked around with a spacer or a different back spaceing on the on the rim.........

and yes i know there are several vendors out there who make hybreds
{ the correct way} in my best geek voice.....but i want too try it my self.......

with this setup all i have too do is get the length correct and thats it .....the axel tubes should already be true, just lop off the right amount and weld the thingy back on put it all togetherthen center it up to get the tire off the spring pack......then look out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
88 sammy with a few mods

Offline 97TRAKIN

• Suzuki in Chevy clothing.
Re: ok guy,s
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 11:47:36 PM »
how strong are tracker driver side rear axels.....ive been told that they are weak.........

I thought Trackicks had equal lenght rear axles. They can be swipswaped I think!?....

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2003, 11:53:17 PM »
nope, one side is a little shorter (drivers side is shorter i think)
Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Online ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2003, 12:45:26 AM »

my problem is i need a new hybred axel houseing {crushed axel tube} my solution is cut pass side of a kick axel assy reweld the kick bearing retainer thing and run a zuk short side axel on the pass side and a stock kick axel on the driver side.....ya ya i know it will be about an inch and 3/4 short......but i think that can be worked around with a spacer or a different back spaceing on the on the rim.........

and yes i know there are several vendors out there who make hybreds
{ the correct way} in my best geek voice.....but i want too try it my self.......

with this setup all i have too do is get the length correct and thats it .....the axel tubes should already be true, just lop off the right amount and weld the thingy back on put it all togetherthen center it up to get the tire off the spring pack......then look out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than the technical challenge of making this happen you are gaining nothing. The Sidekick axles are whittled down to the same 26 splines as the Samurai and if anything are weaker, in my opinion, because of cheaper metal. For example, I had a Sidekick axle go on the 'Con that looked like a Chic-o-Stix in the middle. Poor heat treat and poor metal to begin with. It was one from a '97 four door, dang near brand new! :)

Good luck, Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Natebert

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2003, 01:02:49 AM »

Other than the technical challenge of making this happen you are gaining nothing. The Sidekick axles are whittled down to the same 26 splines as the Samurai and if anything are weaker, in my opinion, because of cheaper metal. For example, I had a Sidekick axle go on the 'Con that looked like a Chic-o-Stix in the middle. Poor heat treat and poor metal to begin with. It was one from a '97 four door, dang near brand new! :)

Good luck, Eric

Eric,
What axles are you using in your Kick now?  Did you go 27 splines from Spidertrax?

Online ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2003, 03:27:50 AM »

Eric,
What axles are you using in your Kick now?  Did you go 27 splines from Spidertrax?

Howdy Nate,

I'm running late model [5 on 5.5 flange] 26 spline axles still. I have only been easy wheeling and driving the rig back and forth to work. I've been 'kick in it around' with a couple of different vendors. I think most are intersted in 26 spline 4 bolt flange with a better alloy. This would be probably the best seller if it's strong enough. I personally would like to see 27 spline with the 5 bolt flange but this would cause people to have to buy a ARB and go find the larger brakes just to do the swap.

I'm taking the rig down to swap in a 2.7 V6, freshen the body work, paint, and generally clean it up for next season. I hope to have everything done including new stronger axles by January.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• Redline... all the time!
    • www.rpm4x4.com
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2003, 08:19:35 AM »

I'm taking the rig down to swap in a 2.7 V6, freshen the body work, paint, and generally clean it up for next season. I hope to have everything done including new stronger axles by January.

-Eric

2.7 huh? That oughta help keep from twisting those rear axle splines! ;D How about a turbo and nitrous too! ;)  :P

mostly :P

Mike
If your not living life to the fullest then your not living at all.

You wont really know if your wrong till your upsidedown

Offline wildgoody

• Turbocharged 150HP 1.6L 8V 93MPH 1/4 mile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2003, 09:23:23 AM »
Hey........No trash talkin the Turbo.
I ain't twisten off axle stubs  :P

6:1 T-case gears..Huh you just lookin
to turn 44" Swampers on that Trackick
huh Mike ......... You Rowdy Bad Boy.
;D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2003, 09:24:09 AM by wildgoody »
Real Trucks Are Built, Not Bought,
And Chrome Don't Get Ya Home.  

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Online ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2003, 11:18:17 AM »

2.7 huh? That oughta help keep from twisting those rear axle splines! ;D How about a turbo and nitrous too! ;)  :P

mostly :P

Mike

Hi Mikey!

How you doin? Nitrous is definitely on the list. I'm tired of slow Suzuki... Are you and your gang coming out for Moab?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• www.rpm4x4.com
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2003, 12:10:55 PM »
Yea were comming to moab. Couple new rides too ;) I dont need nitrous too kick your ass! :o :o :o :o :o :P

Mike

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• www.rpm4x4.com
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2003, 12:13:49 PM »
Hey........No trash talkin the Turbo.
I ain't twisten off axle stubs  :P

6:1 T-case gears..Huh you just lookin
to turn 44" Swampers on that Trackick
huh Mike ......... You Rowdy Bad Boy.
;D

Im not trash talking, Just jealous. :'(

No 44s. 35s on a Geo is like 44s on most anything else!

Mike

Offline wildgoody

• Turbocharged 150HP 1.6L 8V 93MPH 1/4 mile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2003, 12:36:09 PM »
I know trash talk ........ That ain't it :-*

But 6:1 .....  I don't know, can you say
going Vertical ............ ;D

When is Moab, Easter Break??? or you
have another one comming sooner???
Real Trucks Are Built, Not Bought,
And Chrome Don't Get Ya Home.  

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• www.rpm4x4.com
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2003, 09:58:25 PM »
Its the week before easter.

Mike