Hello Guest

My Late Sidekick

• 9 Replies

Offline DSHornet

• Logs and Sidekicks don't mix well at 60 MPH.
My Late Sidekick
« on: November 16, 2003, 12:47:50 PM »
Sorry to drop out of sight, but I've been a little busy lately.

Tonight (11/16/03) I hit a log in the highway that must have fallen off a truck and wrecked my Sidekick. The wood was a good ten inches in diameter. I went out of control at 60 MPH, spun, and smacked a guardrail. The little trucklet took a tremendous impact but I am UNINJURED. The shoulder belt locked and held me in place. The car is totaled.

My opinion: A person who drives a car while not wearing a seat belt is a fool, no two ways about it. The laws of physics are unbreakable - unlike the human body.

Don, y'all
Paw-paw Don, y'all
.Late '94 Sidekick 1.6 ragtop, slightly modified.
Favorite saying: "One need never apologize for exercising the Golden Rule."

Offline 97TRAKIN

• Suzuki in Chevy clothing.
Re: My Late Sidekick
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 01:02:57 PM »
Sad to hear. I know how it feels to lose a truck you love...

Offline Beer

• Just Happy To Be Here!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2003, 01:27:57 PM »

Tonight (11/16/03) I hit a log in the highway that must have fallen off a truck and wrecked my Sidekick. The wood was a good ten inches in diameter. I went out of control at 60 MPH, spun, and smacked a guardrail. The little trucklet took a tremendous impact but I am UNINJURED. The shoulder belt locked and held me in place. The car is totaled.

My opinion: A person who drives a car while not wearing a seat belt is a fool, no two ways about it. The laws of physics are unbreakable - unlike the human body.

Don, y'all

Wow, bad luck. But, the good news is you walked away from it with no ill effects. :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 02:17:01 PM by Beer »
Tell me about your Suzuki!

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2003, 08:34:39 PM »
Hornet,
I hate to hear that :'( Are you planning on getting another?
Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

jdraper

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2003, 10:35:32 PM »
Glad to hear you're ok.  Sorry to hear about the accident  :-/

Yes, seatbelts save lives.  IMHO, anyone that doesn't wear one is nutz..

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2003, 06:32:07 AM »

Don, y'all

Sorry to hear about your loss. Glad you're ok and if you need help gettin' back in the saddle, let us know. I'm sure there is a bunch of us that can find you a new ride quick...

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline DSHornet

• Logs and Sidekicks don't mix well at 60 MPH.
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2003, 12:58:24 PM »
Thanks, Guys!

My boss says I can use the company van for grocery runs, etc., until I get another set of wheels. As for what it will be, I'm not sure. The neighbor of a friend has a late-80's Ford Bronco II he wants to sell, so there's a possibility there, especially if it's 4WD and a V6.

I plan to trip to the wrecker lot in a day or two to get pics. The little trucklet is a mess, but it took a terriffic beating. Do you believe -- before the tow truck came, I started the engine and saw no sign of any vital fluids leaking? One tough little Zuk.

Don, y'all
PS: Beware of logs in the road.
Paw-paw Don, y'all
.Late '94 Sidekick 1.6 ragtop, slightly modified.
Favorite saying: "One need never apologize for exercising the Golden Rule."

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• Redline... all the time!
    • www.rpm4x4.com
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2003, 12:58:34 PM »
I know of 3 people driving trackicks who have been in very bad accidents and walked away. Rigs were all destroyed but ya know... trackicks are so much cheaper than your life. ;) Get a new one and let us know how your new build up goes.

Mike
If your not living life to the fullest then your not living at all.

You wont really know if your wrong till your upsidedown

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• YOU WANNA RACE THE ZUKE !
    • OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2003, 02:01:21 PM »
DON, SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR LOSS...BUT GLAD YOUR OK....SEATBELTS DO SAVE LIVES AND BOY DO I GET IRRITATED WHEN I SEE PEOPLE , ESPECIALLY PARENTS WITH LITTLE CHILDREN JUMPING, STANDING OR JUST BOUNCING AROUND IN A CAR WITH NO RESTRAINTS ON....DRIVING AROUND 230 MILES A DAY THROUGH SMALL TOWNS I SEE A LOT OF IT ...IF ONLY I WOULDN'T GET IN TROUBLE I'D FLAG THESE FOLKS DOWN & TELL THEM WHAT DANGERS THEY ARE PUTTING TO THERE CHILDREN...WAKE UP FOLKS....IT ISNT LIKE IT USED TO BE OUT THERE ON THE STREETS WHEN WE WERE KIDS...TODAYS CARS AREN'T WHAT THEY USED TO BE...SO IF YOUR NOT BUCKLING UP PLEASE RETHINK THE END RESULTS OF WHAT HAPPENS IF & WHEN YOU END UP IN AN ACCIDENT....SORRY FOR THE RANTING  BUT HAVE SEEN WAY TO MANY SENSELESS DEATHS IN THESE PARTS DO TO NON SEAT BELT USE :'(  REMEBER THERE IS ROOM TO LIVE IN SIDE THE CAB OF YOUR VEHICLE ...

Offline Fredo

• Heavy music and Suzuki 4x4!
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2003, 03:04:06 PM »
After my accident my 4 doors was completely destroyed but i wasnt injured!

I don't understand why???

And my 2 doors tracker are in the way... 3" body-lift, 2" suspension, front 4 doors breaks, rear 12 bolts diff and 31" are done!

Next are gaz tank lift, rotate the rear axle and put my rancho 5115 shocks. Front, t-case and gaz tank skid plates too.

Fredo
« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 03:08:04 PM by Fredo »
Proud member of the C.A.B.L (coalition against body-lifting) 2002 GV