Hello Guest

help me find a top

• 3 Replies

Offline cajunkick

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
help me find a top
« on: November 16, 2003, 01:57:38 PM »
looking for 2 piece hardtop for sammy.looks like a fast back with sliding rear window like a truck.the rear section lifts up like a trunk.i have seen a few on sammys but don't know who makes or sells these tops.please help if you have seen hese tops.

Offline Mr._NSX

Re: help me find a top
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 05:05:27 PM »
Like THIS?

Offline cajunkick

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 05:39:19 AM »
no there is no box on the back half.it comes down behind the front seats and then flat across the back like a toneau cover the sliding back window is right behind the front seats.

Offline camoclown

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 06:35:49 AM »
I know what top you are asking about.  I have been searching for one for about a year now.

I did quite a bit of digging and found out a little about them. There were 2 versions made.  One was marketed by Quadratec as the "Outback" top.  It is no longer available from them...  Another version was made by a company in Norcal known as "Glassline".  They are out of business also.

The differences in the 2 tops is slight.  One has a larger sliding window than the other.  Not enough difference to make one more desirable than the other though.

I have put up Posts like yours on several forums and not gotten back any leads from them. I have collected quite a few pictures of them though....but so far no joy on finding the real thing.  I keep trying though lol...

I have seen 2 run on eBay in the past 6 months.  Both were on top of Zuks though.  I bid one super minty truck in Texas all the way to $5K but lost it in the end.  The other showed up on eBay about a month ago atop a red beater from somewhere in New England I believe.  That Zuk went for $880. I believe.  I did not bid because the shipping to Ca. would have been about $1100.

I am going to get an estimate to have my rig boxed in with sheet metal with a big ole sliding window like the ones on those impossible to find tops.  It will look like a pickup with a 2.5' bed but I will be able to store stuff in the bed and get at it from the cab.  Same general idea except it will not be removable. The big sliding window will give me all the air I need. I'm going to use a tonneau (sp) cover for the bed.

Anyway...I just wanted to let you know you are not alone in your search. I'd love to find the molds for one of those tops!

Dave