Hello Guest

93 Vitrara\tracker front diff replaced by GV - XL7

• 3 Replies

Offline vitaradownunder

• Vitara Doin' it Aussie Style
    • WildZooks
93 Vitrara\tracker front diff replaced by GV - XL7
« on: December 17, 2003, 01:26:27 PM »
Does anyone have information, pics, links or general knowledge about using a GV or XL7 front diff instead of the existing 93 Vitara/tracker.

Thanks
James :D
Lets get wild and show the big  toys how to do it suzuki style.

Offline track_this

• Live for something or die for nothing
Re: 93 Vitrara\tracker front diff replaced by GV -
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003, 02:00:04 PM »
there is write up on that in the article archives tech section, im pretty sure. i did that very mod on my 94 tracker i replaced it with a 99 grand vitara steel third member and im going to get the housing here shortly with christmas moola. it isnt difficult at all at least not removing it and replacing it, but to get the gears installed into the 3rd member i took to a bearing shop and let them do it, then i just installed it back in and off i was ;D
1994 geo tracker 1.6L 16v 4x4 2dr soft top 5.12 gears.MODS:
calmini 3 inch sus. lift
rear lockright
31" kumho m/t's
RRO 2" body lift custom snorkel front & rear trail tough bumpers-Tabor 9k winch(warn) 100amp alt. grand vitara steel 3rd member

Offline pdasilva

• Suzuki Rules...
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2003, 05:08:05 PM »
Im busy with the same project myself..just waiting for some moola for 26 spline replacemet axle shafts to replace the existing 22 spline units.Oh and i will be fitting a samurai carrier with a lockright locker ..There is an article on this install on th zukiworld website,one of mikes installs.

Thanks mike what would we do without you..

Online ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 12:58:53 AM »
Does anyone have information, pics, links or general knowledge about using a GV or XL7 front diff instead of the existing 93 Vitara/tracker.

Thanks
James :D

Don't forget there is a whole magazine associated with the BBS and a lot of these questions are answered in older tech articles found in the ARTICLE ARCHIVE The link for that is on the lower navigation bar.

Here's two helpful articles.

http://www.zukiworld.com/month_090103/feature_sidekickdrivetrainimprovements.htm

-and-

http://www.zukiworld.com/month_110103/feature_zigsbeef.htm

Hope this helps.

-Eric

Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!