Hello Guest

Please help me make up my mind!

• 2 Replies

Offline zukmon

Please help me make up my mind!
« on: December 18, 2003, 07:42:39 PM »
Over the years I've acquired two Samurais, a Sidekick, and various Toyota goodies and I need help deciding what to do with all of them. I am currently running a mild 1.3 with higher comp. pistons, Hawk billet torquer cam, and a Hedman header. Trailmaster 3" lift springs from about 8 years ago, RS9000's, and a Calmini shackle reversal make up the suspension. I've run everything from 30x11.50 Thornbirds to the current 33x12.50 BFG Mud Terrains as I don't get off-road much these daysand the travel(or lack there of) isn't a problem. Diffs are open. All gearing is stock. I took first place overall and short wheelbase in the 1997 AITC out of 37 or 38 trucks but that wasn't good enough. I wanted to run 2 Sammies; one mild with stockish bolt-on components(no or low fabrication) and another wild tube frame Zuk with the works. I bought a friend's Sidekick cheap for the 1.6, 3rd members, and power steering. Come to find out the block had a crack in it so I'm stuck with the 1.3 for my mild Zuk. I'm trying to figure if I want to run the hybrid Suzuki axles or my 1985 Toyota axles that I've got. Those were going to be for the wild Zuk but now I think I want full width 60's. I'm also torn between keeping my suspension or going with the newer kits that use Wrangler springs and Missing Link shackles. Does anyone know what flexes better? A spring over is in the works and need to know what axles to use. I'm going to run 33x14.00 Boggers.
Any help or info would be great.

Thanks,
                                                                        Ryan

Offline ghd23

• 1990 Tracker softop, Detroit Mi.
Re: Please help me make up my mind!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 02:54:57 PM »
 :D Always go with your own first instinct George;
If I Can't Weld It          It Can't Be Welded

Offline 1bigtracker

• F*** trail rated, try trail tested
Re: Please help me make up my mind!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2003, 07:40:50 AM »
Yota axles will hold up to the boggers.  I would get upgraded axle shafts though.  and don't go with the lowest gears they make for them, they break EZ.  and with the springs i would go with Wranglers if i was going to keep leafs.  I really would go with a 4 link with coils from somthing like a TJ.      lata stu
  ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ