Hello Guest

coil spacer install

• 17 Replies

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
Re: coil spacer install
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2003, 09:32:19 PM »
I have never had to compress the springs on any of the three different lift kits for my Kick and the spring unloading should not be a problem. My prievous comment was about the 'straping' the springs in a compressed position before removal. I have never tried this but after the spring flying out on the lowrider, I am still parinoid taking out my Kicks coils.

Like Wild mentioned it can easily be done with a floor jack and as long as the springs are properly placed in the cups they wont slip out.

Good luck, I hope you dont have to wait to long for the back order. Let us know how it goes.
Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline standog

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2003, 10:53:54 PM »
Thanks agian for the help. I am just worried about having to take the half shaft out. I have never done it before and can only find a repair book up to the 01 Vitara. Looks like it will be the new year before I get them.

Clay

Offline wolf66

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2003, 09:01:33 AM »
If its at all like the X90/Kick front then just take out 2 bolts and loosen the last one all the way on the 3-bolt flange visable in this picture just behind the rubber Cv boot on the left side

on the right side just pull/tap the shaft out on its splines some, don't need much, thats if they haven't changed the design too much.
'96 Suzuki X90-4" lift-snorkle-30x9.5's on 8x15 wheels-5.12 gears-winch-added rear seat-DT header-PioneerMP3-CB-GPS-roof rack-rear mounted full size spare