my back door is shakin 2 much ...

• 3 Replies

Offline UberAsuna

• Asuna Sunrunner 92'
    • Cranky's Ghetto My Website
my back door is shakin 2 much ...
« on: December 29, 2003, 12:57:37 PM »
Anyone ever had this problem ??
every freakin bump i get the door makes a lot of noise seems a little loose on the lock i think but i got no clue :(
can anyone help me thx

if i shake the door it moves a tiny bit and i only have a 215x75x15 as a spare not like the tire that would be too heavy lol ...

It's A Zuki Thing, Dig It Sucka ;) :D ;D

Offline 87BlackSami

• http://www.quic kvwbug.4wdriver .com/
    • http://www.quickvwbug.4wdriver
Re: my back door is shakin 2 much ...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 01:02:15 PM »
My sami with 31's was doing the same thing until I adjusted the catch for the mechanism. But then I noticed now spot welds are cracking along the side. :( I built a rear bumper so now I need to do a swinging tire rack. :)
locked,5.8:1 Tcase, 5.12's, 35x12.5Xterrain's, 4" BDS L/O, Ford towers, 5-8" shackles w/reverse, tracbar, Yota P/S, diffs capped, skidplates, onboard air, fabbed bumpers & shafts, Herculined, airhorns

Offline Natebert

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2003, 02:14:03 PM »
Anyone ever had this problem ??
every freakin bump i get the door makes a lot of noise seems a little loose on the lock i think but i got no clue :(
can anyone help me thx

if i shake the door it moves a tiny bit and i only have a 215x75x15 as a spare not like the tire that would be too heavy lol ...

We had the same problem when we had the 31 inch spare tire on the door.

Our 4 door had a little black round disk-like device that was about as big in diameter as a hocky puck.  It has a bolt running through the center of it.  It is attached to the door.  
The 'catch' for this hocky puck-like device was on the truck.

If you loosen up the bolt on the rubber 'striker' and adjust it to better support the door in the 'catch', it may solve your problem.

Good luck,
~Nate
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 02:14:59 PM by natebert »

Offline 1bigtracker

• F*** trail rated, try trail tested
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003, 04:09:33 PM »
i had the same prob.  of course my tail gate has been bent in half more than once.  once my sis was riding behind me when i had my 34 in spare on a home made steel rim on thier and she thought it was going to fall off.  lol  i don't run the spare anymore, for more resonse than one.  lata stu
  ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ