Hello Guest

front 3 member ?

• 22 Replies

Offline pdasilva

• Suzuki Rules...
Re: front 3 member ?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2003, 07:23:25 PM »
I think that is true, the problem is there is no mount point on the sammy 3rd member rear to bolt onto the front cross memeber of your tracker.

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2003, 09:14:39 PM »
I think I have read that there is more than that but can not remember what is was, maybe ring and pinion depth :-/  The 'snout mount could be fixed like the strap mount mike made on his 7.5 front conversion without alot of work.

I'm sure that someone has tried it :-/ Anyone ???
Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline 1bigtracker

• F*** trail rated, try trail tested
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2003, 12:34:03 AM »
isn't their a kit people can buy so you can take the  R&P out of a tracker and put it in a sammy case?  i thought their was.  lata stu

Offline 1bigtracker

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2003, 12:40:27 AM »
ya here.  this is out of Hagen article,  You will need a ring and pinion retainer sleeve kit. This can be purchased from Hawk Strictly Suzuki or Spidertax. This kit is designed to put a Tracker/kick ring and pinion into a Samurai axle.  This kit is a two-piece kit. Since we are putting a Samurai carrier in a Tracker/kick housing, we will only need the barrel from this kit. The barrel is to hold the pins for the locker in place so they do not hit the pinion. Assemble into the Steel housing.    lata stu

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• Redline... all the time!
    • www.rpm4x4.com
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2004, 03:37:33 AM »
i heard that you can take a front third member out of a tracker and put it in the rear of a sammy(i think).   now why couldn't we just swich the two around.  lata stu

The sami housing has an oil gallerie on the bottom that hits the crossmember. I have cut it off and welded the pinion mount to it but its a lot of grinding and welding. Dropping in a gv or xl7 chunk would be a lot cleaner.

Mike
If your not living life to the fullest then your not living at all.

You wont really know if your wrong till your upsidedown

Offline 1bigtracker

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2004, 01:05:22 PM »
hey Mike, if you wana chip in a few extra dollors then i would be more than happy to put a GV one in.  :)  i accept ummm...   CASH.  lol  money is the only real factor in using the sammy third member.  i'm just trying to be cheap again.  lata stu

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2004, 09:48:53 PM »
Have you called Hawk to see if they have a used one? They usualy have good priced on their used stuff. I'm going Bone Yard shopping in the next couple of weeks for another parts truck, I'll keep my eyes open for a GV.
Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline 1bigtracker

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2004, 08:26:45 AM »
i wouldn't mine a 100 dollor one but its like 175 around here.  i'm just trying to save for a sammy locker too.  thanks lata stu
« Last Edit: January 02, 2004, 08:27:18 AM by 1bigtracker »
  ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ