Hello Guest

ATTN: YankeeTim (XL-7 Lift)

• 9 Replies

Offline nomaad

• I wanna go!!
ATTN: YankeeTim (XL-7 Lift)
« on: February 12, 2004, 06:25:05 AM »
Spoke with Steve Cramer at Calmini this morning about the 2.5" lift for an XL-7. Asked him who I could talk with about the lift. He gave me your name.

Any info about it would be helpful. How is the ride. How hard is it to "bolt on"? How is the articulation? Any troubles with it so far?

That kinda stuff.

THanks in advance,
Bill

Offline Luvmyzuki

• ZukiWorld Rocks!!!
Re: ATTN: YankeeTim (XL-7 Lift)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 03:31:15 PM »
Blacknight is the one you want to talk to. He has a Calmini lifted XL-7.  As far as the ride I couldn't tell ya but on the trail it did suprisingly well.  ;)

Offline Yankee Tim

• Who says a GV is a grocery getter?
    • Yankee Off-Road
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 02:31:39 AM »
I have a GV, but the kits are almost identical.

I love it.  Nice ride, much improved off-road.  Ask Blacknight for more info as he has it on his XL7.

Not hard to install, given you having some mechanical knowledge.  You will need an alignment after the install.

Go for it!
Yankee Tim

Offline jagular7

• Jagular7
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 04:23:51 AM »
Is Blacknight part of this forum?

Members showed: Viewing Members 1 to 35 (of 637 total members)with 19 pages....AAHHH!!!!!
Lenexa, KS

Offline Luvmyzuki

• ZukiWorld Rocks!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004, 04:41:18 AM »

Members showed: Viewing Members 1 to 35 (of 637 total members)with 19 pages....AAHHH!!!!!

Yes Blacknight is a part of this forum.  I am surprised George hasn't replied by now.

Offline jagular7

• Jagular7
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2004, 05:23:05 AM »
Now I see that I could have re-arranged in alphabetical and then chose the letter 'B'. Yep, he's there, but not much info....is he trying to hide....
Lenexa, KS

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• YOU WANNA RACE THE ZUKE !
    • OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2004, 01:01:34 AM »

OK ERIC.... I WAS THINKING IF YOU COULD HAVE A SEARCH AREA TO FIND A CERTAIN MEMBER WITH OUT HAVING TO LOOK AT ALL 600 PLUS MEMBERS...CAUSE SOMETIMES YOU WANNA CONTACT THEM OR SEE THERE SIGHT ARE SOMETHING...ANY WAY  ???   MATTY D.  ???

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2004, 01:04:00 AM »
Now I see that I could have re-arranged in alphabetical and then chose the letter 'B'. Yep, he's there, but not much info....is he trying to hide....

OOOPS SHOULD HAVE READ THE ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE REPLYING  :-[  I NEVER REALLY NOTICED THAT BEFORE....... ::)

Offline blacknight

• Gonzookin
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2004, 11:36:04 AM »

Sorry,  Yes I'm here keep starting to reply to stuff and the wife needs somethings but isn't that how it always is   ;D

Any ways the lift is great and I would tell anyone  to get it.  The ride is a little stiffer but makes the Xl feel sporty and it still flexs nice for IFS.  
The install  as tim said  "Not hard to install, given you having some mechanical knowledge " and I have a hole lot less the Tim and get it on just fine.  Two thing  that will help but not needed air tools and spring compresure
George
« Last Edit: February 15, 2004, 11:36:52 AM by blacknight »

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2004, 01:56:30 PM »

Sorry,  Yes I'm here keep starting to reply to stuff and the wife needs somethings but isn't that how it always is   ;D

George

MAN I'LL 2ND THAT ...HAVENT BEEN ON MUCH LAST COUPLE WEEKS MOMMAS BEEN KEEPING ME BUSY ..SO I'M A FEW PAGES BEHIND  >:(  ::) I TRY TO ATLEAST LOOK THROUGH A FEW THINGS EVERYNIGHT ATLEAST  ;D  MATTY D.  8)