Hello Guest

Zuk on 38's

• 400 Replies

Offline Tan Zuk

Re: Zuk on 38's
« Reply #390 on: July 31, 2017, 06:37:34 PM »
Finally finished running the plugs wires, along with all the wire looms and mounting brackets.

Rear head wire loom and bracket

Spark plug wires run throu passenger side looms
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 10:55:00 PM by Tan Zuk »

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #391 on: August 01, 2017, 07:23:56 AM »
Your still doing amazing work.  Peggy has been trying to get me to make my shop more like yours, cleaner.  But she isn't committed to the hoist, although she could see the advantages of it.  I will get back to see your Sami running.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline Tan Zuk

« Reply #392 on: August 01, 2017, 11:13:17 AM »
Your still doing amazing work.  Peggy has been trying to get me to make my shop more like yours, cleaner.  But she isn't committed to the hoist, although she could see the advantages of it.  I will get back to see your Sami running.

Got to say that I never liked or wanted a lift. Have changed my mind now after using it to do this FWD motor to RWD conversion.

I did all the work on my back the 1st go around. This included all the fab work and welding. It is alot easier getting the body out of the way to do proper mockup and welding.

You do have to take in consideration the body is off when making parts and brackets, since everything being made will need to be accessible from under the vehicle with the body on. This takes some getting use to, you will find this out after thinking you have a clever means of over coming the next part to the puzzle. Only to find out it bottomed out on the body or you cant reach any of the bolts for repairs.

I truely believe having a lift will give you the opertunity to turn out a much safer rig, since your welds will be better and planning out the project from the top looking down also givrs more insite in which direction things can go. Plus you don't have to get up and down a million times, which should mean more quality work being done.

If you explain it to Peggy that you don't want a new toy. The lift will be used to give you a better chance on making a safer rig by what I mentioned previously, this may  help her with a decision.

Terry

PS:  Make sure your slab is a   (MINIMUM)   of 4" thick
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 11:16:05 AM by Tan Zuk »

Offline Tan Zuk

« Reply #393 on: August 06, 2017, 10:47:37 AM »
This used to be a combination bracket which functioned as an:
1. Attachment point for the front side dog bone bracket used for the Pontiac motor.
2. Coil Pack mounting plate.
3 Belt tensioner

The problem with the mounting ear cutoff for the dog bone and the coil packs relocated, you end up with this nasty looking belt tensioner. This has been bugging me for a quite awhile now.  To start off with there is no real way to cut it down, since it is heavly gusseted for the belt tensioner and pulleys.

Even order one from another make GM family 3.8l minus the dog bone ear and coil pack mout that wouldn't bolt up to the head.

So, after looking at this nasty bracket for way too long, Here was the fix, decided to machine up a cover to kind of get it to blend in better. Well, its done.

It seems to look smaller in person and may even be able to use it for some attachment points.

Offline Tan Zuk

« Reply #394 on: September 05, 2017, 06:19:52 PM »
Lots of drama tring to get the ( specialty ) shop to get the supercharger freshed up. So,  instead of paying them a ransom " to do me a favor " and refubish the polished modified supercharger.

Decided to just pickup another supercharger up and make a new one.  Still waiting for them to send me the old one back. Just don't seem to have much luck with the " special people " at any of the specialty shops during this build. Just seems the only thing they are really good at is getting you to believe they are the only ones that can make cool aid correctly and take your money. End result is I generally end up having to make something over again.

Got lucky and got a reasonably nice supercharger, with the coating still on the rotors. Have already roucgh cut the rear housing. Need to make the aluminum pieces that need to be welded in for the throttle body tube to attach.

Now there is another distraction with the cat 4 hurricane approaching this weekend. Will see if there is going to be anything left to work on Monday.

Terry

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #395 on: September 06, 2017, 08:08:37 AM »
Peggy says to raise that beautiful Sami up on your lift and leave.  We have been watching it approach and are very concerned for you.  It looks like there is not any place in Florida that is going safe, because the storm is 400 miles wide.  I suspect that at this point with the number of people that will be attempting to drive out that it will almost be impossible to get out of Florida.  We hope you have a Safer Shelter to ride out this Hurricane.
Your work is still looking awesome.
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #396 on: September 28, 2017, 06:53:59 AM »
Just to let everyone know that Tan Zuk is Ok.  He did get out of the way of the hurricane, and now is dealing with the aftermath of the storm.  He hasn't had internet service for three weeks, and even phone calls are intermittent (with a lot of noise).

Offline Tan Zuk

« Reply #397 on: September 29, 2017, 08:39:30 PM »
BIG Thanks BRD for passing on the storm updates.

Wow, been having an awful time trying to log on the past couple of days. Really had to go around about way that seemed to work this time.

Well, had along time to think about giving myself more options incase there is another major hurricane in the future. Decided the 1st thing would be to get rid of the DD, since it really isn't something you want to be on the interstate with even in good conditions.

Of coarse I ended up having a couple of health issues:
1st one was inner ear issue which effected my balance.
2nd was 3 kidney stones that took about a week and a half to pass.

Electric was only out about 36 hours. The internet and phone were out about 3 weeks. Really can't do anything about this situation. Just glad I didn't have to wait for 3 weeks to get electric back like I did during Wilma.

So, the major thing I could do for myself to get some peace of mind for when the next big hurricance threatens Florida. Was to get a new car. Just incase I decided it was necessary to bug out in the future. So, this is what I got to make a getaway if needed.

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #398 on: September 30, 2017, 03:53:23 AM »
That is not a Zuk, but close because it is Awesome.

Offline carolinarigman

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #399 on: October 02, 2017, 09:29:20 PM »
You could always put a hitch on there for a tow bar!
Nice "bugout machine!" ;D

Offline Tan Zuk

« Reply #400 on: June 25, 2018, 06:32:08 AM »
Well, have decided to get rid of the Zuk on 38's and retire.

Still needs to be finished but reasonably priced for sale at 5000.00 have way more than that in it.

If interested contact me here

Thanks Terry