Hello Guest

Latest before and after X-90 picture.

• 9 Replies

Offline bgt2u

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Latest before and after X-90 picture.
« on: December 17, 2015, 08:10:18 PM »
Here is a picture of my X-90 now with 39.5" tires on it, and one the way it was when I purchased it.

Offline ecoast

• You tube my space, and I'll google your yahoo
    • East Coast Canvas
Re: Latest before and after X-90 picture.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 10:08:47 AM »
Sick

sent from an anus from an asus

What the hell you lookin' down here for?

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 05:24:28 AM »
Now lets have more in detail photo's, and whole story on modifications to do this.

Here is my Tracker on Jan 2014 setting on 37's.  It is Lifted, front ball joints moved forward, rear axle moved back, headlight bucket trimmed, and lip on firewall modified with BFH.  (Note that I said setting on 37's, I could roll but not turn.)  Currently running on 33's.

You are saying that you have no lift, but your axles have moved down, without lift???  (I don't think so!)  To trim back to both door edges means flooring space has to move, and then what happens to seat.
I enjoy the transformations, the thinking and work.  Builds in action.  Your photo's are intriguing, but "no lift" is hard to accept, and to go that far there has to be other photos/details of the work.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 05:29:56 AM by BRD HNTR »
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline bgt2u

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 07:53:11 AM »
I see that you are sceptical of what I am claiming......no offense, buy the way. I do have to correct you on the lift comment though. I have stated in my recent posts, that it has no lift (suspension, or body) in the rear, and has ONLY a 1-1/2" (suspension) lift in the front. I do have some build pics, on Micro S/D cards, and will post some on here shortly. Since this car has a full frame, I basically used my plasma cutter, and cut absolutely everything that was in the way, front and rear, including removing the upper metal directly above the front wheels, all the way up to the fenders. I moved anything that was in the way (up front) inward, like the battery, radiator overflow, etc. I also had to move the inner wheel wells (that your feet rest on, inside the car), back about 3.5" or so. The pedals clear, as it has no clutch pedal (auto trans), and I did not have to go too far inward. In the rear, I moved the fuel filler neck into the trunk, and so on. I then welded in, and fiberglassed over anything that I felt was neeeded. I will gladly provide you with any specific details, if you want them.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 07:59:12 AM by bgt2u »

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 08:39:31 AM »
Thanks for correcting me (Really).  I did not recall the 1 1/2" lift in front, and the before after photo clearly showed a difference in where the axles and body lines are.  And I questioned "no lift", not building it, or your abbilities.
This information adds another dimension to your build, and creates options for others to consider.

What size rims and backspacing are you running?  And are you limiting the steering to prevent frame rubbing?
93 Tracker,XL7 springs & 1" raised spring pads in front with YJ springs in back, home built bumpers rear & front (w/winch), 2" x 4" rock tubes,  ARB front & rear, converted Sami rear to IFS, 33x12.5x15  aluminum rims, roll cage, 2.7L w/5 speed auto.

Offline bgt2u

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 10:15:54 AM »
 The wheels are 15x10, with a 3.60" backspace (-47/48mm.....I think). With this backspacing (no wheel spacer's), I can achieve full turn lock to lock, with about 1/2" clearance between the tire, and frame rail. I can try so get a picture, if you would like. If you want to know more, feel free to ask any questions........Take care.

Offline 4x4Johnny

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 06:42:06 PM »
those tires are huge. haven't you experience any slight rubbing with it? hope you can post additional photos

Offline bgt2u

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 06:58:23 PM »
Actually, I have not had any rubbing yet, however I have only driven it on the street, and some semi bumpy dirt roads. No serious off roaring yet. I will post more pictures when it is completed. In the mean time, I need to beef up my tie rods, as I broke one, leaving the store the other day.

Offline BRD HNTR

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2016, 12:23:08 AM »
With those large tires, you might want to put a brace on the bottom of the steering idler arm.  It has a tendency to bend with large tires and bumps, and when it bends the tie rod will fold up.  I ran a brace from the front cross brace to it.

Offline bgt2u

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 07:57:53 AM »
Thank you for the tip, I had not considered that. I was very thankful that my tie rod did not separate while I was driving down the road at about 45 MPH.. The threaded end of the outer rod pulled right out of the sleeve, while backing out of a parking space.......got extremely lucky there.