Hello Guest

Overtighten the idle screw, please help the throttle is now stuck after I gas it

• 1 Replies

Offline Vash

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
I was trying to adjust the idle.. i am totally new to this and I didn't know what i was doing... i realize there is a cold idle, so i did it when the car was warm, and i over tighten it, i turned it on and the RPM was REALLY high, so i stepped out of the car and turned the screw again until it idled normally... BUT now after i crank it (its idling find after i crank it) but after I hit the gas pedal and the throttle is stuck....  idk if i bent something when i over tighten it, and I am not sure how to fix it..

here is the part screw that I over tighten and have new loosen:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 07:43:55 PM by Vash »

Offline TheLastSamurai

• 91' TFI
Yes, if you over tightened the idle screw you probably bent the tip of it which means it wont block or unblock the passage as its supposed to. I would go online and buy a new idle screw and replace the old one. For almost all carbs if you over tighten it will flatten the needle out. On the new one if you feel it bottom out then back it out a bit. You should never have to turn it all the way it. If so there may be a vacuum leak some where.