Hello Guest

Samurai floor clean up

• 7 Replies

Offline crewcabrob

Samurai floor clean up
« on: September 10, 2012, 06:56:18 AM »
Hi all,

I have started the work on my Sami and have been blessed to only have a small bit of surface rust to deal with in the floor pans and bed of my Samurai.  There seems to be some fiberous, noise deading material on the floors and trans tunnel.  When people are working on these areas and getting them prepped for paint/lining, do you guys remove it or just paint right over the top of it?

My original plan was to just get the whole thing Line-Xed on the inside, but I really think I should just get replacement carpet as I like the extra finish of the carpet.  I can always pull it out if I plan on being out in a wet enviroment.  My Sami will sit in a garage every night and won't be in the elements all that often.

Rob
92 Sami, OME YJ SPUA, 15x10 Ultra wheels, 32x11.5x15 MTR/k, Corbeau Moab seats, Shrockworks bumpers and tank skid, Mighty Kong, 6.5:1 gears, hi-rock rails, Bushwacker 6" flares, Rampage tinted top, Grant wheel, Truck-lites LED head lights, PIAA LED driving lights, MOAB Husker Spirit license plate

Offline talonxracer

Re: Samurai floor clean up
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 10:58:44 AM »
the old ashpalt insulation should be age dried enough to pop of fairly easy, a heavy scraper and mallet will get the rest off. Then install Monstaliner and then either carpet and or rubber matts. Absolutely thebst decision i ever made was going with monstaliner on the floor of my kick,

Tim "the toolman" Taylor is my HERO !!!

The only GOOD Commie is the commie taking a dirt nap....

Offline talonxracer

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 11:03:32 AM »
i had a project 02' Honda Civic Si car that I put down Lizardskin sound deadening and thermal barrier before the Monstaliner and it was tomb quiet, very well insulated from heat and cold, plus was super easy to keep clean inside.

Offline crewcabrob

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 11:35:32 AM »
Thanks guys!  I sure hope that my tub looks that nice when I'm done with it. 

So, you put down the lizardskin and then the Monsta liner?  Sounds like a good plan.

I will look both of those products up.  Is the Monstaliner a spray in product or roll on?  It looks awesome in those pictures.

Rob
92 Sami, OME YJ SPUA, 15x10 Ultra wheels, 32x11.5x15 MTR/k, Corbeau Moab seats, Shrockworks bumpers and tank skid, Mighty Kong, 6.5:1 gears, hi-rock rails, Bushwacker 6" flares, Rampage tinted top, Grant wheel, Truck-lites LED head lights, PIAA LED driving lights, MOAB Husker Spirit license plate

Offline 60Archer

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 06:41:17 PM »
Thanks guys!  I sure hope that my tub looks that nice when I'm done with it. 

So, you put down the lizardskin and then the Monsta liner?  Sounds like a good plan.

I will look both of those products up.  Is the Monstaliner a spray in product or roll on?  It looks awesome in those pictures.

Rob
Dam...........that Monstaliner looks good! You can spray it or roll it.....went to Monstaliner site, $134.00 a gallon. $50+ for tint $ 50+ for gun....+ shipping.... not to mention prep and supplies. Looks like you will be close to $400 before you start. My local Linex guy wil do my Sami interior for $500 with color of my choice and kevlar. Not to mention warranty......and  I don't have to do anything. I am all for DIY, but sometimes it is worth spending the extra money. Not trying to convince anyone to do one or the other, just offering mho....either way both products look great.

Offline crewcabrob

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 07:16:47 PM »
I'm with you, I'll DIY when it makes sense.  I'm not sure this makes sense at this point.  I'll get a hold of a local guy and see what the estimate is.

Thanks guys!

Rob

Offline tombstone

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 02:44:22 PM »
Not 100% sure what I whant to do with the bare floor in mine yet,but I will definatly be putting some sound deadening down and maybe a (outdoor) style carpet.

Offline talonxracer

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 04:32:34 PM »
You can do the tub in a weekend, it isnt that bad at all, and rolling it produces a texture that is indistingusible from spraying, so why spray(unless you have one already). You will be under 200$ to put down the Monstaliner, 134$ for the tintable kit with roller and scuff pads, 34$ for the tint, 12$ for 1/2 gallon of xylene and a 1$ for a 2gallon bucket. Far less than your 400$ estimate. The only thing is your time, which should be worth 300$