Hello Guest

A/c radiator fan don't come on

• 4 Replies

Offline tipover

A/c radiator fan don't come on
« on: November 30, 2006, 07:38:26 PM »
Well the A/c works good on my 95 Kick.  But the front fan doesn't come on.  The fan works when I put the 12 volts to it.  the relay is the same as the one that engages the clutch and it works when i swap them.  the wiring from the relay to the fan is good.  so the signal to the relay is the problem.   the temp sender works...  I really don't need the fan except when stopped for a long time the a/c shuts off because the pressure gets high when the condenser heats up and then the A/C turns back on after it cools off when moving.  any ideas?  is it the computer for the A/C?
Wheeler-87 Samurai JX. 7" lift, 1.6 TBI, lockers hybrid rear, 33" Swampers, 6 to 1s in a billet housing.
RV Dingy-2003 2 door tracker
Tow-97 PSD F250 Crew SB Dana 60 conversion
87 samurai-spoa ZookEV electric conversion.
RV- 31' Monaco Mckenzie

Offline bazza413

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
Re: A/c radiator fan don't come on
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 01:22:15 PM »
Check and see if you have a pressure switch on the high side of the system if that is playing up it could be the cause of your problem

Offline cj

• I drive a really big ATV
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 01:45:28 PM »
Is the switch on the dash working? Could be a fault at that end.

Offline tipover

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 03:18:00 PM »
The A/C works fine as long as i dont sit in 100+ weather and getting the high pressure switch to shut it down.  So i think the pressure switch is doing its job by shutting it off when the condenser gets hot.  I think that the dash button works perfect.  it hsd been stumping me for a while...
Wheeler-87 Samurai JX. 7" lift, 1.6 TBI, lockers hybrid rear, 33" Swampers, 6 to 1s in a billet housing.
RV Dingy-2003 2 door tracker
Tow-97 PSD F250 Crew SB Dana 60 conversion
87 samurai-spoa ZookEV electric conversion.
RV- 31' Monaco Mckenzie

Offline z0mb1emutha

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 03:49:32 PM »
there is an a/c temp switch mounted in below the water outlet on the passenger side of the motor....if that is not sending the correct signal the fan will not come on!