Hello Guest

I NEED HELP! (87 samurai)

• 3 Replies

Offline reptar

I NEED HELP! (87 samurai)
« on: May 24, 2012, 07:24:57 PM »
I just purched my first suzuki Samurai and i am very excited to get started putting different things on it...but i am only 16 and no one in my family works on cars so its up to me. haha right now its 7' high sitten on 33/12.50's... and it scrubs when i turn it so far. i dont know what size spacers i need and if i only need spacers? i was thinking about 2in spacers but i dont know if im right. so if you know or have spacers you would like to get rid of then let me know please. i also need shocks and i have no clue what i need so any help would be GREAT! thanks

-C.J.

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
Re: I NEED HELP! (87 samurai)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 04:33:24 AM »
Wheel spacers may or may not fix your problem. When you put on spacers it should help your spring/frame rub but will put you tire out 2", increasing the arch that it turns about. That may put you into rubbing fenders, bumpers, etc.... Also check your wheel location at full compression on all 4 corners. Wheel spacers may move the wheel out to far and cause it to compress into the fender while under compression...

HTH,
Zig

BTW, If you do determine that you need wheel spacers, many of our vendors here on Zukiworld can hook you up.
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline SineCredulitas

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 12:54:19 AM »
You might want to post some pics.

If it's that jacked up, it might have other issues you are not yet aware of.
Put some pics up for critiquing,  if you won't get too sad at feedback.
88.5 TT, dd, 1.6 16v, 5sp, a/c, SPUA, 30" MTR's

Offline tuxblacray

• Building a Bigger Better Brute Samurai.... B-}
    • Tuxblacray Photos
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 10:10:44 AM »

I agree that a few photos will help...

12.5' tires are pretty wide depending on the rim backspace and axles used.

It's pretty likely that 1.5" or 2" spacers will help and cure your problem. But, as said it may cause a different rub on your outer fenders during flex.

You might also want to review the rear bumpstop too since you are running 12.5's and have a front rub problem. If the rear bumpstops are still intact you stand a good chance if you wheel to rub your rear tires and possibly cutting them up or rubbing a hole through them.

I know the voices aren't real.... but they have some pretty kewl ideas!!! Tux.....  ;-)
I get my Sammi parts here, and you can too... http://www.mikodaindustries.com/http://stores.ebay.com/sticksnstones4x4samuraiparts