Hello Guest

new header and poss bad egr vlv.

• 3 Replies

new header and poss bad egr vlv.
« on: May 09, 2012, 12:33:31 PM »
well I tried to search, and didnt come up with anything. so.....I just got me a new header that does not have the egr fitting on it to route hot gas back to the air breather. also I think my egr vlv may be bad ( couldn't get it to move when engine was hot and throttles advanced) so...do I need it when I put the new header on ? can I cap it off or the hoses that go to it?
I have the 88.5 1.3 8vlv carb model. i've changed out all vac lines, but think i still have a vac issue. once it gets warm, it sputters bad and dies when let the clutch out..... help !
Basnbud

Re: new header and poss bad egr vlv.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 11:18:33 AM »
ok, a lil update. I pulled the egr and cleaned all the crap out of it. it seems to be working now. so now what do i do about the return hose that routes the gas back to the breather? just leave it off and cap off the hole in the breather?

come on....somebodys gotta know..... ???

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 02:27:59 PM »
If you are in a hot climate then you can leave it off, here in the UK you get a lot of problems with carb icing trying to run without it in the winter.
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 11:27:20 PM »
I would put it on, it looks kind of cool.  :)
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing