Hello Guest

Jump seat

• 5 Replies

Jump seat
« on: April 13, 2012, 05:56:00 PM »
I'm looking for a minimal jump seat to install in the back of a '99 Tracker. Everything I've seen is too big and poofy; I want something that has a stiff back but otherwise minimal padding so that it folds down as small as possible.

thanks
Rob

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
Re: Jump seat
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 07:13:47 AM »
When I went out west I needed to pop something in the back to carry 1 passenger, I picked up a folding stadium seat at Walmart, $15. It has a self supporting back and enough padding in the seat to make a decent jump seat. I just had to secure it. I strapped mine in to keep it from sliding around, your application may require a different solution. Cheap and quite effective, and it not only folds down pretty flat it's easy to remove altogether. ;D
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline warbird

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 06:35:21 AM »
When I went out west I needed to pop something in the back to carry 1 passenger, I picked up a folding stadium seat at Walmart, $15. It has a self supporting back and enough padding in the seat to make a decent jump seat. I just had to secure it. I strapped mine in to keep it from sliding around, your application may require a different solution. Cheap and quite effective, and it not only folds down pretty flat it's easy to remove altogether. ;D

Pics when you get a chance

thx

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 04:50:49 AM »
Unfortunately I never took any piocs of the seat, and when I left NM I left it at my daughters place, I had too much stuff already. Kinda wish I'd kept it now.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline zuki1018

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 09:40:23 AM »
Check out the 30% side of a rear PT cruiser.  It folds flat.  Maybe a bit poofy for you.  You also would need to make mounts for it.

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 11:19:39 AM »
89 -98 Sidekick/Tracker rear seat there aprox 45'' wide