Hello Guest

Possible Bad PCM

• 0 Replies

Offline zbeamanx2

• My Instagram
Possible Bad PCM
« on: October 27, 2018, 11:04:04 PM »
Hey folks, I recently rebuilt the engine of a 2 door 2000 Chevy Tracker, it's got the 2.0L J20, RWD A/T. You may have seen one or two of the posts I've made about some problems along the way, but this one's a bit of a mystery.

Essentially, sometimes the fuel injectors and spark plugs work, and sometimes they don't. To be more specific, to make sure they were firing I held the ignition packs/spark plugs in my hand and watched them spark. We listened to the injectors and heard them firing. Later when we tried again, no spark at all. The same thing also happened with the fuel injectors. We've been testing the circuits and they've been checking out so far, the injectors and spark plugs all seem to be receiving power.

On a more positive note, every now and then when we crank it, it tries to fire and start, which is a tad encouraging.

Also I have a pretty busy schedule and to keep a long story short I can only work on it when the stars align, and essentially when they did I couldn't get my hands on a scanner, so sorry but I have no error codes to share (yeah I know big help right?)

My first question is if there's a possibility it's an issue with the PCM? We've been trying to keep from pointing fingers at it, but it's legitimately starting to seem like it could be the problem. It's sat for like 3 years now and we have found evidence of rats in the thing, specifically the glove box, so god knows what they could've done.

Second would I have to replace it with the exact model number, 33921-65D31, or could I go with something from, for example, a 2001? I may get it tested and reprogrammed, but since there aren't any Suzuki dealerships in the U.S I'd have to hope that a Chevy dealership can do it.

Of course if anyone's got a suggestion as to what it may be something other than the PCM I'm more than open. At this point it seems like a man in China could sneeze make my problem 10x worse.

I'm also cross-posting this on other forums so sorry if you see it on another one too. Thanks!
Got a 2000 Chevy Tracker that's got a 2.0 L4 and no idea how to convert it to 4wd.