Hello Guest

My 1995 Sidekick Build Thread

• 39 Replies

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Re: Suzuki sidekick 4dr lift kit choices
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 05:07:13 PM »
Nice looking rig.  Reminds me of Derek's Sidekick, he is running stock suspension with some 235/75 R15 BFG Style All-Terrains.

96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline The Goat

Re: Suzuki sidekick 4dr lift kit choices
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 06:18:25 PM »
Having an electrical issue. Was washing the bay carefully and I guess wet the plug wires/distributor with more than a splash. Have everything drying overnight with a few blowers, tomorrow I'll dielectric grease everything and see what happens.

Hopefully it was just moisture and is something minor.
1995 Four Door Kick...auto, OME, 33s, 200k. Other stuff.

Offline The Goat

Re: My 1995 Sidekick Build Thread
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2012, 01:34:58 PM »
Got 2.25 in piping installed today with a hiflow cat and a magnaflow muffler at autotech in Gonzales, la.

It made a freaking world of difference!  Runs like a whole new machine.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 01:57:02 PM by The Goat »

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2012, 05:17:37 AM »
Nice Score on the 4 door, looks clean. For an older high milage engine I like to go with 10/40 and a quart of Lucas oil stabilizer replacing a quart of engine oil at the change out. Quiets up a looser engine and helps it stay solid. Exhaust looks great.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline The Goat

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2012, 09:56:59 PM »
Got my lift installed last night.  Complete pain given all of my suspension components were original.  Installed to find the front sat 4.5inches higher than it was... And the rear was sitting 3 inches taller.  Hit a few bumps firmly and it leveled out some... (though honestly the front still looks a little high.

Headed off to the local tire place this morning and had them install 5 mastercraft courser mts.  A bf goodrich clone, but a good one.  Went with 31x10.5 as they run a little small, and would be fitted on an eight inch wheel.  41lbs a tire... About average for a 31 if not a little lite.

Looks okay, just rubbed a lot at that point.  Gotta order two solid front caps to cover my auto hubs, ordered open caps for the manuals that I haven't bought yet.

Have to do more trimming and then install the fender flares, if not it'll look like this more often than not...

Actually wasn't mud riding, a simple dirt road after an inch of rain.

Power seems great... Not sure what all the fuss is about, this thing is probably faster than my 05 xb was brand new.

Checking mileage now, willing to bet I won't average the 27-29 I was getting.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2012, 10:07:22 AM »
A nice steel bumper will help level out that suspension.  :D
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline The Goat

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2012, 10:15:23 AM »
It was actually due to the fact that I had an additional 5 tires and rims hanging out in the rear.  I measured this morning and it seems perfectly level.  But I still don't like the looks of the angle on my CVs.  Gonna bounce it over some things this evening, and have an alignment done tomorrow, guess we'll see.

Having some rubbing issues on the rear fender areas and rear portion of the front fenders.  I removed the stock plastic guards in the middle, gained an inch of clearance from the tires, and I'm going to bed line that area anyways.

Suggestions for gaining a little fender clearance...I'm actually considering a body lift, if I can find one that requires no modifications, maybe a 1.5?

Offline WVzuk

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2012, 05:52:30 PM »
Looks sweat.  i also have red 4dr just like yours.  The black wheels make these look worlds better!
1994 4dr Sidekick: 3inch Zukination lift, 30x9.50 mud tires, snorkel, ARB rear locker, homemade bumpers

Offline The Goat

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2012, 10:06:17 AM »
The next mod was to actually fit a spare externally, basically I cut the top off a second tire mount, cut the bolts off the first, and welded it one inch higher. Unfortunately on my first attempt I did it backwards. Lowered the mount by 2 inches.

Tossed that one in the trash, bought two more, actually bothered to mark it the second time, welded it up again.

31 on the mount. Now I get to pull it off as I don't like the sound.  Roof mount maybe. 

Has anyone ever reinforced the hinges?

Offline The Goat

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2012, 08:33:15 PM »
Guess not.

Two new problems, my a/c which was working fine now won't kick on, fuse under the hood is fine.  The pulley has been sounding like it was dying, oiled with sae250, a few weeks go by of it sounding and working great, but now it won't blow cold.

Next issue, my ride is atrocious and I have zero flex with these springs. I've used less than an inch of travel in the front and less than three in the rear... And Ive been hitting speed bumps to try and break it in.

Is there anything I can do tO help either situation?