Hello Guest

Fuel Pump Questions....

• 2 Replies

Offline towforce

Fuel Pump Questions....
« on: June 25, 2011, 08:42:56 AM »
Anybody have any experiences with purchasing after market fuel pumps (in-tank)?

For my XL-7, the Suzuki dealer pump will cost $360-460. (I'm assuming includes the sender and pump.)

If you do an online search, you can find any number after market pumps from all the usual suspects, prices can be as low as a $100.  They look to be pump only, or pump and a bunch of clamps and a pickup sock.  Can anybody offer any advice on the aftermarket parts?  Plug and play or do you need to do anything creative to make them work?

Example:

http://www.car-stuff.com/carparts/suzukixl-720022003beckarnleybec15209681.html?prodSlot=Product+Listings+Page%3A4

Looks like the same pump will fit my old 99 Tracker (same part number gets quoted on a Tracker search)

Thanks

Martin

Offline beercheck

• Go Cards!
    • trivia-nights.com
Re: Fuel Pump Questions....
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 02:31:43 PM »
fwiw, when I swapped the XL-7 drivetrain and electronics into my swb, I didn't want to bother dropping the tank to replace the fuel pump.  I believe the Tracker's (2.0 liter 4 cyl) pump had an extra wire that the XL-7 harness didn't require, so it was just taped off.

Long story short, I've been running my XL-7 engine with the 4-cyl Track/Vit's fuel pump for almost 60,000 miles, absolutely no problems.  Except for one wire you won't need (possibly...I was also swapping between an '02 and an '03), they're completely interchangeable.  So, if you should happen to find one pump is cheaper or more available than the other, fear not.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 02:33:16 PM by beercheck »
'03 ZR2 2dr Tracker, '02 XL-7 drivetrain and electrcs
XL-7 front coils
1.5" rear coil spacers
Monroe 32316 shocks w/2" extenders
235/70-16 Bridgestone Destination A/Ts on stock XL-7 Alloys RRO Rock Rails (Presently removed, as they rusted to all hell; all the bolts were rusted to dust.  Real nice, RRO...) http://www.trivia-nights.com

Offline z0mb1emutha

Re: Fuel Pump Questions....
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 10:45:27 AM »
I ran a ford focus in tank pump in my 92 lwb sidekick....it was less than half the price