Hello Guest

NEWBIE!!..... INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 13 Replies

Offline jesusno2

NEWBIE!!..... INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: August 30, 2011, 10:26:06 PM »
Hey guys and gals. Just traded some stuff of a new samurai  project. im gonna be working on alot has been done already not sure if any of it works yet but im gonna find out its got all the rockyroad coil sprung stuff on it gears and lockers a 1.6 with a 1.3 head i gotta get the intake and carb on it and get the brakes working shocks installed i think the front end geometry is wonky gonna look into it. not a fan of the flares got 2 new tops and a bikini top and a whole ton of spare parts diff chunks clutch leaf springs etc it has a sidkick rear end i belive also in it.

Offline tuxblacray

• Building a Bigger Better Brute Samurai.... B-}
    • Tuxblacray Photos
Re: NEWBIE!!..... INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 08:05:59 AM »
Looks like a great project vehicle to me.... Can't wait to see it as it progresses...
I know the voices aren't real.... but they have some pretty kewl ideas!!! Tux.....  ;-)
I get my Sammi parts here, and you can too... http://www.mikodaindustries.com/http://stores.ebay.com/sticksnstones4x4samuraiparts

Offline jesusno2

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 08:17:57 AM »
calling around to the auto parts stores now see if i can get a alternator and a intake gasket for it. It has the bracket for a gm style alternator.

Offline tuxblacray

• Building a Bigger Better Brute Samurai.... B-}
    • Tuxblacray Photos
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 01:08:21 PM »
I know that one of the sites I frequent somebody has a GM alternator and the bracket for sale for $75.00. I'll find it send you a link...
I know the voices aren't real.... but they have some pretty kewl ideas!!! Tux.....  ;-)
I get my Sammi parts here, and you can too... http://www.mikodaindustries.com/http://stores.ebay.com/sticksnstones4x4samuraiparts

Offline jesusno2

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 02:57:00 PM »
do the sidkick and samurai have the same brakes?? i need some rear brake shoes badly! not sure if all sidekick diffs are the same or not.

Offline fordguy79

• long beach Wa,
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 05:12:37 PM »
no the brakes are not the same best thing to do is remove the brakes on one side and take them with you to the parts house and match them up
87sami 32" bfg mt 6.5:1 w/reverse S shifter  1.6 16v sold and missed

Offline jesusno2

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 08:36:54 PM »
Ok so I got a few other questions for you guys is this upper radiator hose some wild funk shaped thing cause this is kinda stupid how the water neck points almost 90 degrees where its supposed to?? Also what originally went in the these holes? A sender temp sender I'm guessing and anyone know the hole size one is 1/8 npt that does right into the #1 intake runner the other 2 holes no idea? british standard??? Maybe.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:39:00 PM by jesusno2 »

Offline wildgoody

• Turbocharged 150HP 1.6L 8V 93MPH 1/4 mile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 08:26:43 AM »
The front one is the sending unit for the gauge, the back one is the sending unit for the EFI.
Just go get the OE Sensors and call it good, wrecking yard parts will do as EFI sensors can
be expensive, unless you are going to do an EFI swap, then it might be good to have a new one

Wild
Real Trucks Are Built, Not Bought,
And Chrome Don't Get Ya Home.  

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Offline jesusno2

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 10:05:49 AM »
I wish this thing had efi it came with a weber with a water choke of all things.

Offline john1974

• http://zuknation.net
    • Zuknation
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 08:41:59 AM »
Very nice I put my mini spool rear tracker axle in my samurai recently and love it!
 *Image Removed* [/URL]  *Image Removed* [/URL]

Offline jesusno2

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 09:57:44 AM »
Well I got a upper hose and I ended up drilling and tapping the big hole 1/4 npt and the little hole I tapped 1/8 npt this way I can just use aftermarket temp guage. Put new brakes on the back also. Which I gotta say is about the stupidest thing I've ever seen new pad adjusters all the way out and the drum just falls on no rear brakes awesome ended up building the ends of the pads up with weld where they go into the wheel cylinders and on the bottom peice so they would grab had to add about a 1/8 of a inch. I dunno why but I did.

Offline jesusno2

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 08:39:47 PM »
The zuk LIVES!!!!!! it idles good but has a terrible dead spot off idle real bad! also backfires like crazy on decel i have the fuel cut off hooked up and the water choke is hooked up. it also drives like a bucket of slop! Its toed in right now pretty bad horrible bumpsteer and if anyone knows what the caster angle is with a rocky road coil kit i would love to know it feels quite negative and its very easy to turn.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2011, 12:26:41 PM »
Sounds like the timing is off...
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline jesusno2

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2011, 05:16:08 PM »
Well it had a 130 primary main jet in it and a 150 secondary main i just swapped then runs alot better now but full throttle sucks lol just need to order some jets air correction jets are 160 170 got my brakes working much better the vacuum tube that runs to the booster was full of i dunno what but it shot out in a big dust cloud when i shot air in it lol.