Hello Guest

Snorkle questions

• 32 Replies

Offline trialspro

• 1984 suzuki sj410 lwb, spoa... rusty
Re: Snorkle questions
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2004, 04:56:36 PM »
Why not get creative and get some pvc pipe and come off of your air filter and make a T and run one pipe to the front and another one to the fire wall, cut a small hole in it and run it up under the dash,push a pipe cap on it, when your going to run in water just take the cap from the inside and push it on the pipe in the front of your rig. or you could get fancy and use a couple of pvc ball valves, cheap and no cutting holes in your fender or have to worrie about getting water in it or getting tore off the side of your rig. get two caps and good for anti theift.

ahhhh missed ur post, awesome idea though!!!

Offline vw505

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2011, 07:00:02 PM »
Any one have a pic of how to hook up the pipe to the airbox?

Offline Capt

• LIFT IT ! .......Fat Chicks CAN'T JUMP !!
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2011, 11:03:29 PM »
Well Ya Hozers,
Don't be afraid of thinking "Outside The Box"
I found my "snorkel" at a Swap Meet and had "NO CLUE" what its was for!! I just knew it would look cool and would have a Factory/ Military spec. issue look!!
The price was right $15.00 US and it was OEM for "something" as it was still in the black primer.
( I will try to get my oldest son to do a Pix Download)
A lot of farm/construction machinery presents some really cool ideas!!!
Its air intake is just above the hood line. (Hey if it's deeper than that, IT"S STAND UP IN THE SEAT & STEERING WITH YOUR KNEES & PRAYING THE IGNITION WON"T CRAP OUT!!!!)
It mostly acts as a "Pre Cleaner" and gets "Fresh Air" from outside the engine compartment.

CAPT