Hello Guest

Mounting Snow Plow on a 96 Trackick

• 21 Replies

Offline hegemon

Re: Mounting Snow Plow on a 96 Trackick
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 06:46:13 AM »
Thanks, plow is holding up fine, and I'm really pleased with it thus far.

We got hammered with approximately 27" of snow Tuesday night.  As much as I hate to admit it, it was simply too much for the tracker.  I had no problems with shorter portions of the drive, where I could a take 20' passes and push the snow off.  But on the long straightaway, with trees on both sides, and no where to off load the snow, the tracker simply doesn't have the weight to push it. 

Clearing was slow going, but the tracker did it, but I wouldn't want to have to do it again. 

Here are some pics when I got started...

Offline z3ro

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 06:51:04 PM »
Holy crap dude, thats insane.

Edit:  I'd probably throw some drift cutters on there.

Offline nprecon

• ONWARD... through the fog!
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 04:55:55 PM »
I'm still mongo impressed and it's still very cool!!!  A two-door too!  These little trucks are just remarkable.  Do you have a locker in the rear of your truck or are you running open diffs on it?
'02 Chezuki Tracker with a 2 Liter and 5spd.  It works for me!!!

Offline hegemon

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 11:36:21 AM »
Thanks, currently running with open diffs.  I locker would be great, a little more weight in the back we help a lot too.  We've been getting hammered with snow lately, and the tracker keeps on pushing.  We got about another 12" Wednesday night, had no issues moving that much around.

So far the only issue I have had is I drained the battery from too much up and down with the plow, tiime for a GM alternator.  I have an 89 chevy blazer I plan to pull the alternator from, I don't think it will take too much work to get it in place, but I haven't looked at it up close yet to see.

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 05:03:50 PM »
Amazing amount of snow and your rig is the little Tracker that could! Trail Tough sells a bottom bracket for the GM alt swap that makes the whole job a bunch easier for around $25 if I remember. Then all you have to do is modify the top bracket to make it longer.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline nprecon

• ONWARD... through the fog!
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 08:38:11 PM »
That's like.... what... 3 FEET of snow you've had within the last two weeks???   This isn't "normal" snowfall amounts for you guys is it?  That's on par with the northern peninsula of Michigan.
'02 Chezuki Tracker with a 2 Liter and 5spd.  It works for me!!!

Offline hegemon

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 02:47:15 PM »
Yeah, completely out of the norm, in fact it's snowing now, well ice is falling from the sky.  Connecticut had record #s in January, something like 57 inches.

I spent much of the past week raking the roof of my house, and chasing various leaks from the massive ice dams.  Found the calcium chloride in a stocking trick works best at cutting through the dams.