Hello Guest

sidekick exhaust???

• 4 Replies

Offline mike5721947

sidekick exhaust???
« on: December 09, 2010, 10:26:47 AM »
ok. i ripped off my muffler after several wheelin trips, the front input was badly broken and one last downed tree crossing caught it the right way and pulled it back taking the rear tailpipe section with it (wrapped itself around the rear axle) so as of now my kick is parked with no exhaust. i was wondering what kicks ran the tailpipe section with the output out beside the gas tank NOT through the mudflap (with my 31's it comes pretty close to the tire and with aftermarket mudflaps its easier to work with (dont need to cut a hole in the flap)

i have a 90 8valve 2dr. hoping i can make it all work together, i can have it welded up i just want to start with the proper tailpipe section.

anyone have anyway to tuck the exhaust up a bit higher. i keep ripping the heck out of it every wheelin trip...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 10:29:44 AM by mike5721947 »
1990 Suzuki sidekick 2Dr Conv.
385,000 km and still going strong.
31" kumhos 3inchs of lift.

Offline Jackdar

Re: sidekick exhaust???
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 10:55:30 AM »
Custom build...any good muffler shop can bend the pipes any way needed to tuck it up out of the way, and they'll be able to run it out where ever you want. And the price in my area is not too bad...got my pipes bent and installed for 30 bucks. I supplied the muffler.
1994 Geo Tracker 2wd

Offline mike5721947

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 01:00:35 PM »
i wish i could get stuff done that cheap. its minimum 200 bucks to get custom stuff done, buddy of mine got a flowmaster put on his truck inplace of the stock muffler with a foot of pipe welded up with one hanger built, it cost him over 150 in install alone. i sworn ive seen several kicks running around with the exhaust out beside the gas tank.
1990 Suzuki sidekick 2Dr Conv.
385,000 km and still going strong.
31" kumhos 3inchs of lift.

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 04:17:21 PM »
Mines done that way, over the frame, out next to the tank and about 7/8 inches higher than stock. But you need some body lift to get the tubing above the frame, and I also heat sheilded that side of the tank, just for safety. I built my own and welded it up from 2.5" aluminized tubing purchased from Jegs.
New exhaust
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline Bobzooki

• Web Wheeler
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 12:13:37 PM »
When I installed the Calmini Hi Performance exhaust system on the Gnewt, the exhaust was pretty much aimed toward the tire.  Well, there we were at Moab, and Wildgoody whips out his sawzall, and we just truncated that bad boy.  No problems since.
Bob

Tahoe 24' Fish-N-Fun Tritoon
115 HP Mercury outboard