Hello Guest

Longer 4x4 shifter for 2001 XL-7 Limited

• 2 Replies

Offline davidsoozookee

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
Longer 4x4 shifter for 2001 XL-7 Limited
« on: October 10, 2010, 04:46:30 PM »
My truck's been lifted twice which is now probably more than 6" factory height.  My 4x4 gear shifter is smushed down a bit and needs to get it extened.  Anybody know where I can buy an attachment to extened my 4x4 gear shifter?  How I found out this was a problem is stated below and very embarrasing..lol.  :-\

With a double snow storm DC had last winter, I  shifted  into 4wd, which the light indicated as so and didn't realize eventhough the 4x4 indicator  was on, my truck was still riding in 2wd.  Leaving work one night and trying to go up hill from the garage, my tires spun like crazy which I couldn't understand why.  Someone told me I was in 2wd, or rear whell drive because only my back tires were spinning, but the  4wd indicator light was showing 4wd.  I finally jiggled it a little and the truck shot up the hill.

My service manager says they can rig something together, but I should be able to get a part from the company I bought my lift from.  They don't sell anything like that.  I was told Tricked trucks(retail) would have it.

Offline sir lance

• I love my XL-7
Re: Longer 4x4 shifter for 2001 XL-7 Limited
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 08:52:56 PM »
I cut and extended mine, Ive also seen people make a small sleeve that slides over the top where the shift knob goes, but normally its the stock bend in the shaft that binds up on the body, so just simply making it longer does not do the trick.....

i have also taken a torch and heated and bent it to get the angle right, or Ive seen people cold bend them too,

calmini sells Them for the sidekick body lifts (witch should be the same) but they even say it takes a bit of welding to make work, so you minaswell make your own.

how big is your body lift?
02' XL-7 1 Ton axles, dual t-cases 37's etc......
Trucks are built not bought*********

Offline davidsoozookee

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
Re: Longer 4x4 shifter for 2001 XL-7 Limited
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 02:16:30 AM »
Trick Trucks says the body lift kit should have had an extention, but Masterkit1.com doesn't have any. 

Anyways, I first had a suspension lift, about 2.5", then body lift added another like 3" or so.  I forgot to say also that the 4x4 shifter did get stuck in a certain gear last winter too and was kinda of hard getting it out of the gear.  I guess I'll just have the service department do it for me at the dealership.