Hello Guest

Cheap 4 door revitalization

• 23 Replies

Offline LilRed

• Webshots Photopage
Re: Cheap 4 door revitalization
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 07:14:12 AM »
So tired of shoveling snow, you just replace the vehicle instead of digging it out?
some clips from The Wishbone Ranch
http://www.youtube.com/user/KyLilRed

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 02:29:06 PM »
Yeah, that's it LilRed.  :laugh: Actually, when I saw the one for sale in NC near where they live, and saw how good of condition it's in, then talked to the owner, I realized for about the same money I'd have to spend to make this one acceptable ( well, to my standards anyway  :P ) they could have that one and save me a whole bunch of work and headache. Now we just have to wait for the baby to arrive ( quite overdue ) so my son in law can take a day off to go over and look at it and make the deal.
The one I have would make a great candidate for a dedicated wheeler with a toy axle swap and some 36/37's. Gut the rest of it and make it a trail only rig. Ah, it's just money ( that I don't have! :laugh: )
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline djlantis57

• Take your chrome home
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 06:55:26 PM »
I know a guy on here who's pretty savvy with that turbo stuff, I'm sure he could hook you up nicely with a setup on that engine for more power. 

But I can't remember his name at all...shoot...

:laugh:
God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things.  Right now I am so far behind, I will never die.
90 Tracker LSi 2dr tintop 5spd: slow toy . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 08 Pontiac G8 GT: fast toy
90 Tracker LSi 2dr 5spd: SOLD.......95 Tracker 2dr 5spd: parts..........90 Sidekick JX 5spd: HI, my name's DJ and I have an addiction.........93 Tracker 2dr 2wd 5spd: PS donor/poss. 4x4 swap from 95 parts

Offline bentparts

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 04:06:26 AM »
Yeah, hmmmm, at my age it's hard to remember what I had for breakfast!  :laugh: All kidding aside I really want to fix up a CLEAN stocker just to have a super economical everyday ride. No turbos or big ass tires, no lift or suspension mods, just a clean cheap driver.

Offline ecoast

• You tube my space, and I'll google your yahoo
    • East Coast Canvas
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 06:45:45 AM »
here you go:

What the hell you lookin' down here for?

Offline bentparts

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 04:43:19 PM »
Damn, that's a good looking rig! A bit a paint here, a shine there, 50 gal drum of cheap oil in the back to keep in lubrication ! :laugh:  That thing leaks more fluids than the exxon valdez but it never did smoke out the tailpipe. Only smoke i did notice was oil burning off the exhaust manifold from the valve cover and dist. Hard to tell what else leaks too damn much grunge on it! Thing is I have to sell it to give the kids the money to get the other one or I'd probably keep it and make a trail only rig out of it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 07:06:20 PM by bentparts »

Offline bentparts

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2011, 07:07:55 PM »
So tired of shoveling snow, you just replace the vehicle instead of digging it out?

It's gettin that way, another foot + of the heavy wet coastal snow fell and is falling right now. I need a plow!

Offline LilRed

• Webshots Photopage
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2011, 06:41:09 PM »
I thought about ya when I saw the snowfall weather map this morning!  Wow! 
some clips from The Wishbone Ranch
http://www.youtube.com/user/KyLilRed

Offline bentparts

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2011, 08:50:59 PM »
It wouldn't be so bad if I could head out to the woods to do some trailing in it, but damn, it took Rita and I 4 hours with the snow blower and shovels to clear the drive and clean off 3 vehicles, and that snow was HEAVY. Total accumulation just over 14". If you tried to just push it off the roof of the van, it just packed up and turned almost solid. I'm beat. But got some good news today, my daughter made the deal for the four door down in NC, got the title in her purse!  8) and in a couple weeks she'll be driving it up here with my new grandaughter.  Then I'll be able to give it some real personal attention and make her a rig she can be proud of. She loves the 2" lift and 235 tires too, even though she knows she's gonna drop some milage for them. But hey, what can I say, she's an adventurer and vagabond, a chip off the old block. ;D