Hello Guest

I have a 1995 16valve which I can't get the idle down from 2300rpm hot or cold.

• 5 Replies

I have tried checking for leaks to no avail. My timing is right on the mark for the valves and the ignition. I have checked all the sensors with a meter and they all came out right. I was thinking maybe the head was warped a bit so I pulled the head off and checked, that's also fine. I have a idle screw but it doesn't touch anything inside the where the butterfly is (I call it the throttle body). I'm missing something here I just can't figure it out. Any help would be a great help.  Thanks, Matt   

Offline cmays03

dont know if yours is set up like mine but the throttle cable on mine is adjustable so maybe that is set wrong. or something in the throttle body is not letting it go to idle. just an idea
95 geo tracker sas with dana 30,35 axles 3.55 gears, 33 tsl's, 3 and 4 link suspension. stock motor trans, tcase has 4.24:1 reduction kit.

make sure you check vaccum lines. your kick should have an iac valve on the side of the intake manifold facine the head under a plastic cover. it should have a couple of wires and 3 hoses that go to it. two of the hoses carry coolant and one for vaccum. when your car is cold this valve opens up to let more air bipass the TB increasing the rpm for warmups. so yah id give all that stuff a good look, including the gasket that mates the iac to the intake manifold

Offline thabeana

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
I don't know if the 16v engine has it, but my 1990 Tracker 8v engine had what they called a "wax pellet" that allowed a vacuum leak to up the RPMs until it warmed up and melted the pellet, sealing off the vacuum source.  Mine went bad, and I ended up putting a rubber stop in the vacuum source.  It took longer to warm up due to the idle up feature being gone, but it ran at 800 RPMs at idle every time.   ;)

Offline Ether

never had that problem on mine. but i have had it on a 350 v8 and it was the intake gasket leaking
IF YOUR NOT BREAKING PARTS YOUR NOT WHEELIN HARD ENOUGH

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
My 8V was a vaccum line leak in a hose directly under the breather neck for the EFI. Look closely at all you lines and make sure there are no leaks/cracks/etc in the vaccum hoses.

Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick