Hello Guest

CALMINI EMPI PERFORMANCE CARB KIT (yay or nay)

• 4 Replies

Offline new2zuki

CALMINI EMPI PERFORMANCE CARB KIT (yay or nay)
« on: May 31, 2009, 09:59:51 PM »
my sami is hard to start in the morn after work or any time it sits for more than a few hrs . to get it to start i have to pump the gas continuously while i turn the key flooring it does nothing. a new problem when i drive down the road especially when going up hill it feels like its gonna die ill go from 45 to 35 like that and back, anyways iv been told its most likely a carburetor issue, cause it sat for 5 years before i bought it.  the carburetor needs to be rebuilt anyways, so i thought i would just go with buying a calmini carburetor.  is it good? or is my problem somewhere else?

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Re: CALMINI EMPI PERFORMANCE CARB KIT (yay or nay)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 09:09:42 AM »
First thing I'd recommend is draining your fuel tank, buy a new fuel filter, change filter, fill tank... enjoy!

:)

Let us know if that works....

Good luck, Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline new2zuki

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 12:46:42 PM »
i did all that when i bought it in feb should i try it again any ways

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 05:23:51 PM »
i did all that when i bought it in feb should i try it again any ways

These things may help...

Pull and look at the fuel filter and see if your tank is suffering from rust. It could have clogged in just seconds if the bottom of the tank is full of scale and/or rust.

Also take a look at the fuel line as it enters the carburator. Take it off and inspect to see if there is 'yuk' in the line and the input nipple. In a safe manor, crank the engine over and see how strong the stream of gas is out of the hose at that point.

Good luck, Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline new2zuki

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 07:41:50 PM »
ok so i did all the things you said to try and its still hard to start after a few hrs of sitting and now its idling low and it will like choke out like its not getting fuel so whats next and the question still stands rebuild stock carb or buy the calmini carb