Hello Guest

Need a pro to help me figure this one out!

• 20 Replies

Re: Need a pro to help me figure this one out!
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 12:39:45 PM »
ok, autozone said it as bad alternator! 130bucks! only thing is that i remember the previous owner had given me a bunch of receipts for the car and i just went through them in the garage......I FOUND THE ORIGINAL RECEIPT! it was purcased from pepboys in 2006! i just called and it has a lifetime warranty, i just got to bring the part and receipt and they replace it for free! so im biking out to that store which is about 4 miles away! hopefully they have the part in stock! wish me luck!
J1 TINTOP FOR 500 BUCKS AINT BAD AT ALL!

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 03:39:38 PM »
ok, i got the new alternator (free replacement thanks to warranty!) and just  got done installing it! i turned the lights on and rev'd the car, the instrument lights appear to stay a constant voltage unlike before where it used to get hella brighter the more i accelerated. while i was at it, i also checked the ecu, popped it open and it appears nothing fried and no leaking capcitors or resistors yet the board still looks like new.

i guess that solves my problems for now! hopefully nothing else happens anytime soon! i gotta finish my crx! lol

Offline TopHeavy96

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 04:05:52 PM »
Good job finding the problem!!  Hope you had nice weather for the bike ride. ;)  You got some good exercise today!!
96' Tracker 4-door, 16v, auto, open front, limited slip rear, Jeff1997's 2" lift with diff spacer, 95' mustang shocks, Calmini axle truss, BFG 30x9.5 mud-terrains on 15x8 "D"-windows, trimmed and banged fenders and bumpers, radio shack CB, Tom Tom GPS, 100w KC lights
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1097549855954

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 09:51:15 AM »
Good job finding the problem!!  Hope you had nice weather for the bike ride. ;)  You got some good exercise today!!

lol! yeah, i love to ride my bike and it was nice out, ended up getting the wife beater tan lines! other then that, got the alternator for free due to the warranty! (gotta keep those receipts!)  ;D. car runs fine now, and it actully feels smoother on throttle response and acceleration! guess my work is done here for now! thanks guys for your help! happy zukin!

Offline beercheck

• Go Cards!
    • trivia-nights.com
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2009, 11:22:46 AM »
Kudos to the previous owner, eh?  If you know the guy, I'd say a 6-pack is in order.
'03 ZR2 2dr Tracker, '02 XL-7 drivetrain and electrcs
XL-7 front coils
1.5" rear coil spacers
Monroe 32316 shocks w/2" extenders
235/70-16 Bridgestone Destination A/Ts on stock XL-7 Alloys RRO Rock Rails (Presently removed, as they rusted to all hell; all the bolts were rusted to dust.  Real nice, RRO...) http://www.trivia-nights.com

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2009, 01:23:35 PM »
Kudos to the previous owner, eh?  If you know the guy, I'd say a 6-pack is in order.

haha! i would! but it was my boss which was a chick and she moved to Florida!