Hello Guest

Wiper washer not squriting..dead?

• 2 Replies

Offline Jookycola

• 1995 Tracker LSi 4x4 16v 2-door
    • My car domain site for the tracker.
Wiper washer not squriting..dead?
« on: April 24, 2009, 07:51:22 PM »
i remeber a few years back i thought my heater core was toast because the fan only blew high and not low.  I was all set to blow tons of $$$ on a heater core till i decided to ask a dumb question on Zukiworld.  turns out the question was not so dumb, i saved 1000's to only to find out it was a $15 part in the blower fan.  Glad i asked that dumb question.  so i'm going to ask another and hope I'm wrong.....

My windshiled washer pump is not pumping anymore.  The wipers work and the fuse in the box is fine.  Is the motor/pump dead or is there some inline fuse i should check first?
  [/url]

Offline Carnage

• If you only knew the POWER...
Re: Wiper washer not squriting..dead?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 08:05:03 PM »
check for blocks or leaks in the tubes

i had to replace mine once

Offline fuzzy1

• It's not about hair, it's about the logic
Re: Wiper washer not squriting..dead?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 09:00:29 AM »
X2 on the clog, but easy enough to check the pump. Key on & go over by the washer reservior, have someone pull the washer lever & listen... noise (whrrrrrrrr)? no noise? Could be wires/connector to the pump... bust out Voltmeter... hot/ground... power? If you have power but no 'whrrrr' pump is dead... just like any other, they don't last forever... good news is they're cheap & really easy to replace. Just mounts to the bottom inside of the resvervior. Two bolts on mine hold resvervior in, looks like the pump just clips to the side. I'd have to take it off to see how it seals. If it's less than 1/2 full you prolly could just tip the tank on its side & swap out the pump w/out even emptying it. hth 
'97 Sidekick Sport 1" spacer lift 225/75R16 Cooper AT's. Pioneer Sound, 14" Grant Steering Wheel.Otherwise mostly stock
'96 Tracker 1.6l 16v 3spd Auto 4x4 85k - 1 1/2" OME Lift BFG 235/75 AT's on Ion Alloy 15x7's - Pioneer Sound - Custom Installed Hydraulic Drivers Seat (Sold)

Non Illegitimi Conterat