Hello Guest

power steering & a/c in a sami

• 1 Replies

Offline Spitfire Rick

• fun lovin criminal
power steering & a/c in a sami
« on: March 05, 2009, 08:28:26 AM »
 Im doing a 1.6 swap into a tin top sami this rig has air that Im told works (its winter  so it blows cold always) while Im swaping the engine Im going to put power steering from the doner tracker  has any one ever seen or done a power steering swap & kept the ac ? seems like it will be tight mabee too tight  I know my wifes tracker has powerstering & a/c  but the way the tracker gear box sits it looks like a space issue
If I have to understand don't bother explaining

Offline mrfuelish

• you must have a perception problem.
Re: power steering & a/c in a sami
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 10:11:58 AM »
yes my 88 sammie had the ac and power on a 16 valve, the high pressure line had to be moved from the original position but still worked good, now as far as the power steering I have 33 inch tires and had issues with the amount of belt wrap on the power steering pump pulley and the belt would slip off road so I removed the ac compressor and all is fine now and saved a few pounds, you can add a water mister if you get too hot.
1987,1988,1988,1990 samurai's,  1953 m38a1,  1996 x-90,blue.1996 x-90 red.1994 2 door tracker.   only Dead Fish go with the flow.                No Hairy Nosed Wombats were ran over on the trail today.       My ZUK is Xenophobic.