Hello Guest

RRO toyota power steering

• 6 Replies

Offline Luke

RRO toyota power steering
« on: January 07, 2009, 05:50:28 AM »
Looking for any opinions on RRO toyota power steering kit, maybe some pictures. I was looking at the sidekick PS but they say it's lame

Offline Justzukin

Re: RRO toyota power steering
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 06:02:15 AM »
I run the sidekick PS with 33x12.5 tires with no problem and the install was simple it took about 2 hours.
1988 Sami 8" SPOA from Rocky Road 33/12.5 Tryus 6.5 to 1 super crawler ARB's both ends

Offline Amilla

• Toyota running gear was made for a samurai!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 09:38:07 AM »
Sidekick P/S isn't as lame as RRO is...

They are pretty hit or miss on there shipments, unless your walking distance from them.

Where are you from?  Whats your set up, what kind of terrain do you wheel?

Most of the people that say sidekick P/S is weak are rock crawling, there's a lot of cranking lock to lock while your stopped.  With bigger tires that's where the system shows its weakness.

My .02

Amilla
88 Samurai, Sprung Up, Geared Down, Locked,With Yotas.

Offline Jeremiah

• Viva La ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 05:39:55 PM »
Keep a record of who you talked to, what time/date, and what you talked about every time you speak with someone. The log will come in handy when you have to talk to Visa or Mastercard about not receiving your purchase.

Yes. Seriously.
'96 4 door kick: 29" Pep-Boys M/T, 1.5" OME
'83 SJ410: 31" Toyo M/T, SPOA, 1.3L
'08 Yamaha FZ6

Offline MacZuki

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 06:28:13 PM »
The RRO Toyota kit as AWESOME. its a two hour install and is simple as hell
It "Bolts on" no welding. The hardest part is installing the new pully, Well actually its getting the old single one off, putting the dbl on is simple.

Im not sure why everyone doesnt like RRO. Ive personaly purchased ALOT of item from them with no problems. But them again I always ask if the item is avalible and ready to ship.
Whats That ?
Well then go get your tow strap, and Ill be happy to take You and your Jeep to places you've only heard about.

Offline Luke

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 08:46:14 PM »
Wow RRO isn't doing a very good job when it comes to public reations are they. I don't really plan on living on the rocks so sidekick steering might work for me too.

Offline Jeremiah

• Viva La ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 03:01:59 PM »
My kick pump & box worked in the Rubicon moving my 35" tires. I did the "washer" upgrade to get more pressure. I didn't drill out the regulator hole to get more volume 'cause it was a PITA to get the drill in there without pulling the pump. I also added a 2-pass oil cooler into the low-pressure (return) side. I put it behind the driver's headlight 'cause I didn't have the right length tube to put in anywhere else... and that stopped the fluid from boiling.
'96 4 door kick: 29" Pep-Boys M/T, 1.5" OME
'83 SJ410: 31" Toyo M/T, SPOA, 1.3L
'08 Yamaha FZ6