Hello Guest

ZORPRODUCTS new project "THOR's HAMMER"

• 13 Replies

Offline zorproducts

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
ZORPRODUCTS new project "THOR's HAMMER"
« on: November 10, 2008, 03:28:10 PM »
I am just going to call it the Hammer for short.

What I am starting with.

The TT body that I am putting on

The v6 engine going in

Plans are tubed out 4 linked on upside down yota axles, ram assist, Reverse mounted v6 rear Vitara engine, auto trans with kick t-case and dual reduction box. AC, fuel cell mounted under the tapered & sloped down front hood.

Finally got busy on the rear axle conversion to the V6 E-Locker. It turned to really be a chore as I had to redo four more threaded holes because I flipped the chunk instead of just flipping the axle. For some reason I like the idea of the drain plug on the bottom, LOL!

This is the rear cover cut off, hammered out for clearance and ready to weld back on.

This is the high pinion set up which makes the motor upside down so I know a shield plate is needed.

This is the new bolt pattern all threaded. I already trial fit the axles and it is all nice and smooth.

Offline zorproducts

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
Re: ZORPRODUCTS new project "THOR's HAMMER"
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 03:30:10 PM »
I am going to a complete ZOR link front and rear set with the high link design* I am not worried about the camber because I am welding on the brackets. The ZOR link front is a totally adjustable system for camber anyways.

Yesterdays progress

Today I starting taking measurements. Geez that Vitara engine, auto trans and t-case is friggin long, LOL! If I don't do something to shorten it I am going to have to get out pop the hood and shift into 4 low, LOL!

MY

Offline zorproducts

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 03:30:55 PM »
I can only work on the Hammer during weekends. Too busy with customer 4x4 orders the rest of the week.

I did finish the engine mounts though. Obviously the zuk axle is out and the yota axle is way far back
when I get around to installing it.

MY

Offline zorproducts

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 03:31:30 PM »
Been pretty busy with Jackson's rig today wrapping up the exocage work. However, my son came in today and I got him to make me a set of ZORlinks for da Hammer.

MY

Offline Maroon Monsoon

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 10:16:22 PM »
I like the direction you're headed with this, those E lockers are sweet, so is rear engine. Keep this thread updated, this looks like a great build
2000 Grand Vitara.. boondox coil spacer lift w/ pro comp 2 inch lift shocks and ome struts. 225/75 R16 Kumho Mt's, powdercoated wheels, rear brake line relocation and stuff to acomodate. custom exhaust and intake along with some 1 off accesories.

Offline zorproducts

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 03:42:13 PM »
A couple of pics of the front yota axle axle with the flipped cover and upside down ARB air locker. Also has the ZOR upper link truss already welded on. Not as hard as the E-locker rear as I only had to relocate 4 studs for the flipped chunk to fit.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 03:43:44 PM by zorproducts »

phloop

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 01:53:36 PM »
Looking good. Kinda funny you have more pic's here than on your site.

Offline Maroon Monsoon

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 04:55:11 PM »
when you said you were running the axles upside down, I took it literal, but now I see you are just running the thirds upside down. What is the reason behind running the rear like that? Trail gear's website says they'll void the warranty on pre-assembled high pinion thirds ran on the rear axle or something like that, so i was wondering how well that would work.

that truss looks interesting, can't wait to see more progress on this thing. your lower links are freaking BEEF
2000 Grand Vitara.. boondox coil spacer lift w/ pro comp 2 inch lift shocks and ome struts. 225/75 R16 Kumho Mt's, powdercoated wheels, rear brake line relocation and stuff to acomodate. custom exhaust and intake along with some 1 off accesories.

Offline zorproducts

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 09:04:17 AM »
I was going to just flip the axles but decided to do the extra work to keep the drains on the bottom.

Rear engine design allows proper running on the R&P when flipped.

Been slow but I did weld on the ZORlink center frame mounts and finish the ends of the ZORlinks.

MY

Offline Jeremiah

• Viva La ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 03:07:56 PM »
Excuse my newbness, but why not flip the axle & re-tap a plug on the "top" (now the bottom) of the diff?
'96 4 door kick: 29" Pep-Boys M/T, 1.5" OME
'83 SJ410: 31" Toyo M/T, SPOA, 1.3L
'08 Yamaha FZ6

Offline nunk74

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 03:43:26 PM »

thats what i was thinkin
but i wasnt complaing about it

phloop

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 08:39:47 PM »

thats what i was thinkin
but i wasnt complaing about it

Neither was I. MY musta got side tracked again. :laugh: These "special" contest's take up a lot of his time. ;)

Offline Asbury030

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2009, 04:05:05 PM »
hey what did you have to do to get the frame off the body?

phloop

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 10:07:08 PM »
I am sure he removed all the body mount bolt's, disconected all the wires and anything else connected in between the body and the frame and lifted it off with some sort of a lift.