Hello Guest

Power mirror troubles

• 8 Replies

Offline NSZUKINUT

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Power mirror troubles
« on: December 16, 2008, 06:09:17 PM »
Folks,

I'm having trouble with my power mirrors. I don't even know where to begin. any suggestions. thanks

Offline beercheck

• Go Cards!
    • trivia-nights.com
Re: Power mirror troubles
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 06:14:10 PM »
Folks,

I'm having trouble with my power mirrors. I don't even know where to begin. any suggestions. thanks

Hmm.  Are they not coming when they're called?  Failing to grasp "sit" and "stay"?  Not eating their vegetables?  Dating musicians? 
'03 ZR2 2dr Tracker, '02 XL-7 drivetrain and electrcs
XL-7 front coils
1.5" rear coil spacers
Monroe 32316 shocks w/2" extenders
235/70-16 Bridgestone Destination A/Ts on stock XL-7 Alloys RRO Rock Rails (Presently removed, as they rusted to all hell; all the bolts were rusted to dust.  Real nice, RRO...) http://www.trivia-nights.com

Offline beercheck

• Go Cards!
    • trivia-nights.com
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 08:40:37 PM »
Alright.  What I meant by that was, how about a little more information?  What vehicle?  Year?  Maybe somebody will have a schematic.  Does neither work at all?  Just slowly?  Do they go the opposite direction from what you're expecting?  Do they work differently depending on the weather?

Gotta give us something to go on.
XL-7 front coils
1.5" rear coil spacers
235/70-16 Bridgestone Destination A/Ts on stock XL-7 Alloys RRO Rock Rails (Presently removed, as they rusted to all hell; all the bolts were rusted to dust.  Real nice, RRO...) http://www.trivia-nights.com

Offline NSZUKINUT

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 03:19:27 AM »
1993 sidekick. neither one is working. i cant locat a wiring schematic anywhere. Is there a fuse?

Thanks

Offline beercheck

• Go Cards!
    • trivia-nights.com
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 08:11:24 AM »
I don't have a wiring diagram for that gen of truck either.  There are a few places online though if you're willing to drop 5-15 bucks.

Meantime, check all your interior lights and cigarette/accessory sockets.  Do they all work?  Rear defroster?
XL-7 front coils
1.5" rear coil spacers

Offline NSZUKINUT

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 04:41:15 PM »
Everything else is working and the power mirrors just seem to stop working one day????.

Offline beercheck

• Go Cards!
    • trivia-nights.com
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 05:44:54 AM »
Everything else is working and the power mirrors just seem to stop working one day????.

In that case, my first guesses would be fuse, or the switch.

I'd be a little surprised if the mirrors had a dedicated fuse, but I'd be even more surprised if they had a dedicated fuse AND it was located somewhere other than the standard fusebox.  Take a look at the ones you have in there, then look to pulling the switch and putting a volt meter on it to see if any wires have power.  If so, you're down to the switch itself being bad, or else a bad ground somewhere.
XL-7 front coils
1.5" rear coil spacers

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 11:30:19 AM »
You can also just unplug the switch and make sure you have 12v going to it.  If so grab a wire and start jumping them and see if you can get a mirror to move.  :D
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline ppltrak

• zukspeed staff
    • zukspeed.com
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 12:03:04 PM »
According to my schematic the cig./radio fuse supplies the power and the ground is at the left kick panel G200 for the master switch.

Kevin
94 purple/green splash tracker w/ calmini 3' heavly modified lift 32 11.5 r15 bfg m/t's  & custom air induction and header w/ 2"exh. no cat lockrite rear 2" B/L and a heavy right foot and now 583s steel up front and locked.
2002 GV 2.5l 4.5 ZN lift locked on 31's