Hello Guest

heater core/blower motor

• 6 Replies

Offline kubik1981

• Drive it like You stole it. Then fix it.
heater core/blower motor
« on: August 20, 2008, 04:51:34 AM »
i went to this website which was given on here i just want to make sure it would be the same for my 90 geo tracker.  www .izook.com/tech/samurai/body/heaterclean/heaterclean.htm

Offline wheresmyhat

• 16v here I come baby!!!
Re: heater core/blower motor
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 04:23:21 PM »
Do you lack air flow or heat?

They are two completely different systems.

The samurai takes air in from the top of the cowl and forces air down through the floor vents. The heater core lays flat so every debri that makes it through the cowl settles onto the heater core blocking air flow. That is why we cut just above the heater core in order to suck the junk out.

The sidekick blows from the passenger side across the heater core. What you may want to do is disconnect the section of ducting between the blower motor and the heater core box. Its located under the passenger area. You can inspect the heater core for junk around it. You may also check the resistor pack that is screwed into the top of the blower motor. I think the wires are a pinkish color.
86 sami 87 motor and a few other years in there probably, dana 44 rear,36"tsl. I once had splitfire spark plugs.

Offline kubik1981

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 07:32:30 AM »
i can hear my blower running but my truck never gets warm inside.  but if you put your hand in front of the dash vents it is hot.

Offline Skyhiranger

• I don't buy, what I can build
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 12:17:13 PM »
Are you sure the dash selector, cable and air diverter that switches the airflow between the dash, floor, and defrost are operating properly?  If not, then maybe the air is getting blown out of the floor or defrost instead of the dash vents.
Tracker and Sidekick parts for sale.....PM me with your wants/needs.

Offline kubik1981

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 01:23:16 PM »
everything is working when i move it i here the flap moving and when i have it all on dash there is nothing coming out of the floor vents

Offline Armour

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 09:15:46 PM »
Sounds like your heater core might be dirty! I have seen it before. I don't know if it is the same set up as a domestic car but in some cases you can remove the blower motor resistor and clean the outside surface of the heater core
89 Sidekick. 33's.  Lincoln Locker,4.24 T Case, 5.13 gears. Warn M8000 winch.
96 Tracker. 39.5's Locked 44's front and rear, 6.5 t case, 4.10 gears.

Offline kubik1981

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 08:08:03 AM »
ok so i should be able to do like that link i posted and still be allright