samurai carburetor  

• 9 Replies

Offline illusionescape

• oh yes.
    • plush
samurai carburetor  
« on: July 07, 2005, 10:37:25 AM »
Hey everyone...

my parents gave me their old '86 samurai, and now it's sitting in the shop. the mechanic says that there is something he cannot fix with the carburetor..and i was wondering if there is any specific knowledge that would help with getting this fixed? any help is appreciated.

xo rachel

Offline zaggy

Re: samurai carburetor  
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2005, 11:25:20 AM »
You might want to look into one of the weber 2bbl conversions, they are not that expensive and then you can get parts forever.....

The other option is getting a hold of a rebuilt carb from someone like Hawk Suzuki...........

Lastly you can try the various auto wreckers in your area to find a good used one........

Zag
92 Sidekick 4dr, Suzuki Powered Airplane

Offline whitfield

• 4-dr Kick on 34's
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 05:37:22 AM »
Hey everyone...

i was wondering if there is any specific knowledge that would help with getting this fixed?

xo rachel

Yes,  Some of us have carb knowledge.  I just finished a write up on cleaning them http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/content/topic,21551.0.html

OR

Brent at Trail Tough will sell you a good used one ready to install for about $50.

The FSM will just about walk you thru making necessary repairs if you are handy with the wrenches.
Old Dog looking to learn some new tricks. 

Offline LawDog

• Lakeview Motor Sports' Makin it Hert! Tell u whut!
    • Emerling Chevrolet
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 09:11:10 AM »
uhhh, guys, with 1 post, I'm gonna assume that she has no idea of who Brent at trail tough or Hawk Suzuki are, or has any need for a 2bbl Weber. Unless she's been lurking for a while.  

Illlusion-If I have underestimated your Zuk/auto knowledge I apologize.  What they're trying to tell u is get a rebuilt one from one of the many Suzuki parts vendors on this site like Hawk Suzuki.  You can click on their banner on this site's main page, go to http://www.hawksuzukiparts.com or call 'em at 1-888-SAMURAI.  They'll send you exactly what you need.  Give it to your mechanic and tell him to Git-R-Done!

P.S.: That's pretty cool that your parents gave you a Samurai.  Welcome to the board  When you get the carburator fixed, be sure to hang around the site and learn how to lift it, modify it, and go wheeling in it ;D
"I'm the Law 'round here" said the Duckshirt.

Get a Zuk, Get it dirty, Git-R-Done!!

At Lakeview Motor Sports we specialize in rediculousness, hackdome, and wasting your time.

Offline LawDog

• Lakeview Motor Sports' Makin it Hert! Tell u whut!
    • Emerling Chevrolet
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 09:13:31 AM »
Oh, and if you decide you don't want to bother fixing it, Send me a PM, or post it for sale here. Somebody'll take it off your hands. ;)
"I'm the Law 'round here" said the Duckshirt.

Get a Zuk, Get it dirty, Git-R-Done!!

At Lakeview Motor Sports we specialize in rediculousness, hackdome, and wasting your time.

Offline zeddyzuk

• hi my name is zed and i'm an off-camber addict
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 01:04:31 PM »
if i were u i wouldnt go with the webber cause they arent as reliable as the stockers off-road(hillclimbs,etc.) get one of those rebuilds for 50 bucks youll be happier in the long run and it wont hurt your wallet as bad as a webber.

Offline zutefisk

• yumpin yiminy yee viss
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 09:12:00 PM »
What's wrong with how it's running?

I got my sammi cheap because it ran like crap. The guys mechanic couldn't get it to run right.

Two bottles of techron and a vent tube later it ran great.

Screwing up when you reconnect the vacume tubes after removing the air cleaner gives some pretty interesting problems too.

87 Samurai

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 05:23:17 PM »
My Samurai in is need of carburetor work. Is there any special carb kit that I need. Someone said that I needed the numbers off the carb bowl and had to match them with the correct kit.

Is this true?

Thanks for a great forum.

SamRi

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 01:02:31 PM »
If you just want a rebuild kit I would give Hawk Suzuki a call.  They are great at little nick nacks like that.  Or you can just try your local parts store, just give them the year and model of your Zuki and they should be able to order a rebuild kit for you.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

phloop

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 05:09:09 PM »
A couple of things here. A Weber will work great if it is modded to run in the off road enviroment. If you don't want to go with the Weber get a hold of MY at ZOR. He'll do you good.