Hello Guest

Daytime running lights. How to get rid of them???

• 8 Replies

Offline serioushorsepower

Daytime running lights. How to get rid of them???
« on: May 14, 2008, 05:22:28 PM »
I have a 97 trackick that has those pain in the ass daytime running lights. Does anyone know how to turn them off?? Thank you, Serious.
Nothing but power, Serioushorsepower!!

Offline JoeCool

• Carpe Noctum!
    • cardomain
Re: Daytime running lights. How to get rid of them???
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 08:07:02 PM »
5psi turbo '90 2dr 5spd 8v Tracker, Lt235s, 1" spacers, Rocker Rails, Warn Hubs, Custom half door,--GONE!
New, Sammi Tintop

Offline Digger

• 1996 Suzuki X-90 4X4
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 09:57:00 PM »
On my 98 X-90 I just had to unplug the DRL module under the dash to the right of the steering wheel. Although I heard on 96 and 97 models of the X-90, unplugging that module also shut of the headlights as well. But it worked perfectly on the 98. I mainly did it on the X-90 because it actually has the front-facing parking light bulbs in the headlight housing, lighting up the headlights in a cool orange glow when I have just the parking lights on. Most people with X-90's don't even know they are there because the DRL's are always on anytime the engine is running and they wash out the orange glow so you can't even see it at all.
Had a cool sig pic till I changed the text... sigh...
90 Tracker: "Silver", 2" BL, 1-1/2" Coil Spacers, Strut mount flip, Calmini Header, Winch, 31" Swamper radials, Sold.
98 Suzuki X-90: Calmini 2" Sus, 1-1/4" whl spcrs, 2" Exhaust, Cobra Safari Bar, Neon, Sold.
96 Suzuki X-90: Mostly stock daily driver(for now)

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 05:44:32 PM »
I can't unplug the DRL module and the above link is for the sizuki sidekick sport and vitara. I found out that they are different  on the wiring. Does anyone know anything about fixing this???

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 07:13:47 PM »
I could not find a diagram for your year model, but the diagram for 99' and later shows DRL circuit and module. From the looks of it, you should be able to take the purple/white wire to ground on the module, which will fool it into thinking the parking brake is on, thus turning off the DRL, which should still allow normal operation of the headlights. It doesn't show whether the parking brake is a double pole, so the dash "brake" indicator may come on. If this happens, insulate the wire going to the parking brake, and ground the DRL wire at the module. Then try the parking brake to see if that idiot light still works.

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 07:41:08 PM »
Just to be sure. what does the drl module look like or where is it exactly located?? I thought it is that little box on the right hand side of the steering column. Anyone got a pic of it so I can be certain I'm messing with the right thing. Thanks.

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 05:39:19 AM »
My kick does not have it so I don't know, but you should be able to locate that wire at the parking brake, (probally have to remove the center console) there should be a plunger switch there. Before taking it all apart though, I would make sure that engaging the parking brake turns off the DRL, and the headlights still work. I know it works on GM products, but I don't know about Suzuki.

Offline Uncivilized

• Car Domain
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 07:39:24 AM »
You can also just pull up your e-brake one click to shut them off... for whatever reason you don't want them on.

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 04:20:20 PM »
thanks to all!!! grounding the e-brake wire worked. Had to play a bit of hell to pull the brake light bulb, but it worked. It looks alot better with those supid things off. Thanks again!!!!