Hello Guest

Sammy Oil leak?

• 2 Replies

Sammy Oil leak?
« on: March 12, 2008, 03:39:14 PM »
I just got an 88.5 bone stock sammy. I am trying to go over the whole thing before i take it out to wheel or anything. (ordered RR SPOA 6": OTT Steering I and II : Shocks : bought 5.12s off of Element) Anyways, I am doing a timing belt, water pump right now, and it looks like oil may be coming from the front of the block. I would assume that this is the oil pump and there would be a gasket behind it, but just wanted to see if anyone else has changed this? If your looking head on to the motor, it bolts up below the water pump, and i think the front main seal goes into this housing. Any thoughts?

Offline Donald_R

Re: Sammy Oil leak?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 04:41:51 PM »
Replace the front crank seal, and the front camshaft seal before you remove the engine.  Put the rubber timing belt back on and make sure the engine starts and runs ok.

Then pull the engine & do the rear crank seal and the distro O ring.  Good time to check the clutch, pilot bearing, and replace the Throwout bearing.

Re: Sammy Oil leak?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 06:11:01 PM »
It does not look like it is coming from the crank seal. It looks like the it is coming from the piece that the crank seal would mount into. There is a few bolts holding it on. small, maybe 12mms.