Hello Guest

Samurai rear transmission mount

• 2 Replies

Samurai rear transmission mount
« on: March 11, 2008, 04:14:19 PM »
Hey...
Can a rear rubber transmission mount be replaced with the tranny installed? I am guessing yes but I thought I wold ask the pros... I want to put the transmission back in but discovered a torn rear rubber mount. I just ordered a new one but wanted to get the tranny back in today... or should I wait?

Thanks

Offline takai

• Yes, I drove that here. And No, it's not done!
Re: Samurai rear transmission mount
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 04:52:51 PM »
I have never installed the mount until after the transmission was in. I don't see how you could do it any other way. I would support the rear of the transmission until the mount is put in. I would also recommend upgrading the mount while you are at it. I like the "Unbreakable" mount from TT that I have on mine.
87 Sammi "Sir Tweak " Rockcrawler 4:1, Mighty Kong , 1.6 16V, Centerforce II, 2" Exhaust, Esteem seats. - Long gone
97 Tracker "Jezebel"  Bone Stock DD

'Cause, I am to misbehave.

Offline ROSS

• WHY TAKE A PICTURE WHEN YOU CAN DRIVE OVER IT
Re: Samurai rear transmission mount
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 06:26:11 PM »
once you have it unbolted,  push up on the tranny with  one hand change the mount with the other .
87 SAMI 1600 FUEL INJ. , TORQUER CAM, 6.5 TO 1T-CASE, 5"SPRINGS SHACKLE REVERSE ,2 BODY LIFT, LOCK-RITES FRONT W/ HEAVY-DUTY AXLES & ARB'S REAR  BFG 31 X10.50 X 16",  EXO SKELLETON,