Hello Guest

Samurai Front Supension

• 2 Replies

Offline Samcan

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
Samurai Front Supension
« on: February 16, 2008, 08:40:40 AM »
I am running a Sam with rear springs and folding shackles on the front on a stock axle setup.  I would like to switch to Wrangler springs up front,  but I don't want to use the folding shackles any longer.  I know about the JP Eater setup that is available and that is what I am running on the rear, however I don't care for their front design.  Does anyone have some good solutions or designs? 
Thanks,
Samcan

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Re: Samurai Front Supension
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 11:03:00 AM »
One way would be just to fabricate your own mount to put the stock YJ shackles in.  You would just need the right diameter tube for the bushings and to slide it forward on your frame a ways to compensate for the longer spring.

The advantage to the folding shackle setup is you can use the stock shackle mount in the front.  The main issue is building the wider pads for your axles and wider rear spring mount.  If you contact Sky you can probably order their kit minus the folding shackles, then you would just have to build the front.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline mrfuelish

• you must have a perception problem.
Re: Samurai Front Supension
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 07:39:58 PM »
just get the front folding setup from trail tough and drill a hole in it and bolt it shut, Done.
1987,1988,1988,1990 samurai's,  1953 m38a1,  1996 x-90,blue.1996 x-90 red.1994 2 door tracker.   only Dead Fish go with the flow.                No Hairy Nosed Wombats were ran over on the trail today.       My ZUK is Xenophobic.