Hello Guest

sidekick-1 Bronco-0!!!

• 8 Replies

Offline S.Sidekick

• Suzi Suzuki
sidekick-1 Bronco-0!!!
« on: December 03, 2007, 09:45:23 PM »
yo so my friends been talkin shat about sidekicks for quiet some time.  he finally took me up on a wheel off, and the kick dominated, this was in the snow at evans creek.  he got pretty pissed and started talkn about how slow it is, so i took him up in a drag race.  dont worry closed loging road.  i pushed tha little 1.6 to 7 grand in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and almost 4th  i kicked his butt.  he dosent talk much crap now.   oh ya it was a bronco second gen, V6, haha funny thang, anyone else got these little stories.

Offline SnoFalls

Re: sidekick-1 Bronco-0!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 07:39:37 AM »
I was getting crap about my "golf cart" until the guy doing the flingin needed to be towed off a trail (it was a FS Blazer, big block, yada) ... The giolf cart did pretty good on it's own, but when it came to crossing may creek at reiter, Drone37 did strap to the front of me for the added insurance ...

Really wish we had somehow got pics of that ... Drone in a SJ410, tied to me in a 2dr tracker, tied to a TTC blazer. (By the way the rig we towed out was the orange one on the cover of 4Wheeler after TTC that year).

Needless to say he still hasn't lived down the "rescue" by the golfcart.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.

Buy-it, Build-it, Beat-it, Part-it

Offline SnoFalls

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 09:15:33 AM »
I'll add another story that goes the other direction ...

I was on a run with some folks and managed to pop a front CV. I got turned around and told the others to go on and I'd limp down in 2wd (II did have a front locker so actually could get one front tire to still turn). At one point tho, I got stuck and couldn't rock free in the gumbo mud.

An ATV comes by and I ask the guy if he'll give me a tug to get outta the hole.

I bet he is still telling stories of how he "extracted" a zuki :)

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 10:29:52 AM »
Really wish we had somehow got pics of that ... Drone in a SJ410, tied to me in a 2dr tracker, tied to a TTC blazer. (By the way the rig we towed out was the orange one on the cover of 4Wheeler after TTC that year).

That was a pretty fun time.  With the off-set tow hooks when it came to pulling up the hill your rig was almost being drug sideways.  I think actions like that let to my rear springs premature death...  :P  I was surprised how well you where able to pull him around the trail system without the lower gears in the transfer case.  :)
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline SnoFalls

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 12:23:15 PM »
With the off-set tow hooks when it came to pulling up the hill your rig was almost being drug sideways
yea was fun in my driver seat too  ;D ... at one point I was aimed right at a spectator before a tug from you got me back ... was definetly a fun time.

.  I think actions like that let to my rear springs premature death...  :P
I dunno, not like you babied that rig either ...

I was surprised how well you where able to pull him around the trail system without the lower gears in the transfer case.  :)
well the auto tranny helped ... I'm sure it was getting pretty hot by the end.

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 10:21:03 PM »
I think actions like that let to my rear springs premature death...  :P
I dunno, not like you babied that rig either ...

True... I can't believe it took me 3 years to break an axle...
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline 93trackaddict

• projects under reconstruction
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 04:23:16 AM »
I have a 2000 F-350 dump truck that was hooked to my 20 foot car trailer, when I backed off my driveway into the field after a rain it was just slick enough that in 4 wheel the dump truck wouldnt pull itself out, it would just spin on top of the surface and not move an inch. I hooked my 93 tracker, 31's locked rear with cal header and exhaust to it and WALKED, I repeat WALKED away with it. Sure was a site, I will never sell my tracker, as if I wasn't already hooked that really did it. Gotta love these things, especially at these gas prices.

Offline sidekicksrock

• Lil Suzys Dad
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 07:52:07 AM »
A buddy of mine in his samurai and I in lil Suzy were wheeling in the wolf river valley east of Memphis back in the 90's, when we came across a H1 hummer stuck in a deep hole. It wasn't easy to miss as the driver was holding the throttle at about 4 grand and slamming the auto trans back and forth from forward to reverse ( a standard H1 procedure I guess) ???. At the time there was a hummer dealer in town and the sales people would bring prospective buyers out to the valley to show them how capable the trucks were (we were pulling them out of holes all the time). After awhile they decided they were stuck  :-[ (sitting on the frame) so we hooked the samurai to a tree and using his winch and my snatch block we pulled the H1 out of the hole. Once they were back on solid ground we packed everything up and then we both drove through the hole they were stuck in and took off. Of course we didn't use exactly the same line as the Hummer did. ;) I wonder what they thought about two little Suzuki's doing what an H1 couldn't.  :laugh:
Student of Now Master of Then

kickscrawler91

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 08:15:27 AM »
Im a junior in High School and I have a... well a kid I talk to. I was thinking about buying a bronco 2 for my first vehicle, so he figured he better get one first so I was copying him. well I bought a kicks instead put a calmini 2 in. with BFG all-terrains 235s. He still kept saying how he is so much better than me out in the hills. I did some measurements I am 10 inches shorter from hub to hub and like 4 or 6 inches skinnier. We took the rigs out to this place I knew and I told him I would follow him. He took off and made it exactly 1/4 mile on the 3 mile trail and dropped his tire off an edge and got hung up on the axle, he did some body damage and bashed in his cat... I told him to hurry up and get his piece of shit out of the way and to hop in with me. I finished the trail and took him back to his bronco... Never to get shit again!!! BRONCOS BEWARE!!! ;)